Forums
Posted By: organiser keys on laptop dont work - 29th May 2015 7:14am
Two keys on my laptop do not work when I press down on tem one is from last word te oter is the letter wic precedes it is tis an easy fix please

Tank you
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: keys on laptop dont work - 29th May 2015 7:40am
Hello mate,You could try giving it a good blast with an air line,failing that take it apart and give it a good clean.
Laptop or Keyboard?
BTW you have an onscreen key board for the time being,type OSK in the windows search box bottom left "Start.

Attached picture bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.PNG
Posted By: organiser Re: keys on laptop dont work - 29th May 2015 7:46am
It is a Dell laptop

Thank you for your reply .......... oops the H key has just worked
Posted By: Gibbo Re: keys on laptop dont work - 29th May 2015 9:16am
I agree with using compressed air. You can get cans on Ebay for a couple of quid.

Use in-conjunction with a soft clean paint brush to brush and blow away the crud.
Posted By: organiser Re: keys on laptop dont work - 29th May 2015 9:33am
Tank you Gibbo ....do I just spray keyboard?
Posted By: karlb Re: keys on laptop dont work - 29th May 2015 9:42am
Pound land sell the cans of air also, if that doesn't work the keyboards are pretty cheap on ebay and are pretty simple to replace on most laptops.
Posted By: organiser Re: keys on laptop dont work - 29th May 2015 10:20am
Thank you Karlb
Posted By: organiser Re: keys on laptop dont work - 29th May 2015 6:50pm
vanmanone.....many thanks
Posted By: spinner1 Re: keys on laptop dont work - 29th May 2015 9:05pm
And tank you Organiser !!! LOL !!!
Posted By: organiser Re: keys on laptop dont work - 29th May 2015 9:11pm
Spinner as per one of my previous posts it is a 50/50 situation sometimes tey work and sometimes tey dont
Posted By: Graham_Wirral Re: keys on laptop dont work - 30th May 2015 11:20am
You need to determine if the problem is with the membrane or the controller chip, you can do this by plugging in a USB keyboard. If that works fine then it's the keyboard and not the chip. Laptop keyboards are usually easy to replace and you'll find a guide on YouTube or simply by doing a Google search but if you become unstuck let me know and I can help you out. The best way to find a keyboard is using Google shopping, just type in your laptop model + keyboard i.e. Toshiba satellite Pro A1 replacement keyboard OR you can remove it and directly type in the part number from the sticker on the bottom of the one you remove. Just google search then choose "shopping" from the top menu to get to their shopping page.
Posted By: Graham_Wirral Re: keys on laptop dont work - 30th May 2015 11:28am
Oh by the way I've seen this problem hundreds of times and it's usually crumbs under the keys to be honest and you can just turn the laptop upside and tap the bottom and blow the keyboard, this usually works without the need for compressed air, if you spray a keyboard without it being upside down you usually just end up pushing the crumbs around. I should have said that first really LOL
© Wirral-Wikiwirral