Forums
Posted By: Snodvan Moto G series 1 screen - 24th May 2015 7:56pm
X!**!X** etc - dropped my mobile on a hard floor
Glass screen has a small crack but obviously other damage. Screen colour is now pink and part of the left hand side of the display does not show. Damn! No insurance of course.

Lots of Tesco vouchers and their double-up scheme operational so a replacement 4G version will cost £75 effectively. However, I will of course want to get the original repaired.

Is TheDoctor's place still operating?
If not where is it best to try?

New glass & screen cost £30 approx off fleabay and I could be tempted in a DIY job .... but would rather have someone else have a go.

Tonight I have (I think) downloaded everything off the damaged machine onto the laptop.
Posted By: Mark Re: Moto G series 1 screen - 24th May 2015 8:37pm
Go on to youtube and type in disassemble or screen replacement.

You could suprise yourself.

There are a few places in the market.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Moto G series 1 screen - 24th May 2015 8:59pm
Mark, I have looked at the YouTubes
Yep, I have all the "kit" needed and a fair amount of time/ reasonable skill, but I also have increasing arthritis in my hands/ fingers and it is all too easy to get part way through a job like that and find I cannot go further. So, I want to get a quote for someone else to do it for me. If the quote is silly then .... I may well have a go

Cheers Snod
Posted By: Mark Re: Moto G series 1 screen - 24th May 2015 11:31pm
Ahh ok,
Again, the market as there are a few places inside, so you can bounce around the place working out the best quote.

Because you dropped it, you really don't know if there is any other issues. So if the screen is replaced you really can't blame the repairer unless it's a failed screen.

Not sure if your going to be offered a guarantee.

Either way, reset your phone if you can before you hand it in.

Hope im being slightly helpful.
Posted By: jaki12 Re: Moto G series 1 screen - 31st May 2015 9:20pm
hi i have the same phone and did the same thing!! went to the phone shop in cherry tree centre and they fixed it. cost was 55 quid.
I put it in my back pocket got in the car and sat on it again breakingf the screen twice in a month, DOH!! its getting repaired again but the shop are doing it cheaper as im a bit stupid for doing it twice
© Wirral-Wikiwirral