Forums
Posted By: Snodvan Forbidden words - Hotmail - 13th Apr 2015 6:31pm
I have been trying to set up a hotmail/ outlook email account for a friend who has no IT or keyboard skills

She wanted the word LUCKY as part of her email address - but MS keep saying that is a forbidden word. WHY??????

OK, I can appreciate there will be some words that are controversial / rude etc --- but LUCKY ?

Yes, I know I could do something like L.U.C.K.Y but that would give other problems.

My main issue has been trying, without success, to find a proper list of what words MS will consider forbidden. Anyone have any idea where to find such a list?

Snod
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Forbidden words - Hotmail - 14th Apr 2015 8:24am
English is not the only language in the world. It may have a rude meaning in another country. Try another word with UCK in or UCKY.?
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Forbidden words - Hotmail - 14th Apr 2015 6:36pm
Fish
Working on the same principle I created the email account using a non-English word that means LUCKY. The lady for whom I was creating the account is not English anyway and the translation into her language was accepted by Hotmail. Worked fine so immediate problem solved.

However, STILL think LUCKY is a reasonable word to have in a name.
Also - I would still like to see some proper guidelines/ rules about which words cannot be used. There surely must be a list somewhere?

Snod
© Wirral-Wikiwirral