Forums
Posted By: suejn USB external drive - 30th Mar 2015 9:52pm
Hi I hope I've described it correctly, I have a usb stick that I add downloads to from my computer, yesterday I tried to add more content but I had a message saying the I didn't have enough memory it's 32 gb, but after watching what I had downloaded I always put the stick back into my computer and delete it so I could load more when needed... so my understanding was it had loads of spare space. Opening the stick on my computer it showed that I had 3 dump sections and nothing else, when I put the stick into the tv the same thing showed, but when I had a play about and looked at extra files through my tv, everything I had ever added to it was still there in a separate file, so it was showing on the tv but not my computer,and I can't delete through my tv, is there any way of finding these files through my computer or is my usb stick useless, sorry if this was long winded, thanks for any help. Sue
Posted By: Mark Re: USB external drive - 30th Mar 2015 10:21pm
Plug the USB stick I to your computer and run scan disk or disk check.

Normally fixes a thousand sins.

Failing that reformat the memory stick. As you say your only storing movies.

Formatting will wipe all the data from the stick and be sure you select the stick to reformat.

Posted By: suejn Re: USB external drive - 30th Mar 2015 10:38pm
Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a go. Sue
Posted By: Gibbo Re: USB external drive - 31st Mar 2015 1:00pm
Give it a full format every now and again.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: USB external drive - 31st Mar 2015 2:06pm
+2 for reformat
Posted By: suejn Re: USB external drive - 31st Mar 2015 2:25pm
Thank you for all your replies, now sorted with your help. Sue
© Wirral-Wikiwirral