Forums
Posted By: j_demo 17.3" laptop screen repair - 27th Mar 2015 12:28pm
managed to crack the screen of my HP DV7 laptop and now half the screen works, half doesn't.

Been to a couple of places (starlight and the radio repair shop on mill lane) and got a couple of quotes but they're both higher than i'd like... Was wondering if anyone here can suggest someone who is reasonable in the wallssey area.

I am able to provide full model and serial numbers this evening if it'll help As i believe the hp dv7's use a few types of screen...

Cheers
Posted By: Mark Re: 17.3" laptop screen repair - 27th Mar 2015 12:55pm
1. You tube disassemble your laptop model.
2. EBay replacement screen your laptop screen.

They all have similar insides, its just the outside that looks different.

Your being charged higher because if it fails your going to want to take it back.

Hope that helps.
Posted By: j_demo Re: 17.3" laptop screen repair - 27th Mar 2015 2:37pm
Originally Posted by Mark
1. You tube disassemble your laptop model.
2. EBay replacement screen your laptop screen.

They all have similar insides, its just the outside that looks different.

Your being charged higher because if it fails your going to want to take it back.

Hope that helps.

cheers mark. Had one of the same model before which totally packed up so i stripped it for parts and sold em on ebay so disassembling the model of laptop is something i'm familiar with. I just need to know what screen works because some of that model are side input, some are bottom, some are LCD and some LED. I guess i'll have to open it up later and see where the input is and what make model of screen is in it already. I'm au fais with computers, i've built my own, modded other peoples and whatnot. I just can't be bothered waiting really just wanna drop it into a shop, have them sort it then go back that evening or next morning and pick it up. Maybe i have more money than sense, i'm just impatient to be honest haha
© Wirral-Wikiwirral