Forums
Posted By: steamfan Photoshop - 15th Mar 2015 3:52pm
Advice, please! I was talking to a wedding photographer who said that GIMP is a good (and cheaper) way to alter pics rather than buy a photoshop package. I find GIMP so clunky to use, and I can't find a way to upload them to anyone else who hasn't got the GIMP stuff. So the question is - I want a nice, simple system, and if I've got to cough for photoshop so be it - but any ideas/advice/pointers? Thanks
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Photoshop - 15th Mar 2015 3:59pm
Download cs2 for free from adobe. it will do everything you need and more.
Posted By: steamfan Re: Photoshop - 15th Mar 2015 3:59pm
Thanks!
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Photoshop - 15th Mar 2015 5:25pm
Depends what sort of level you are doing changes, I tend to use faststone (free) for basic editing.

I occasionally use photoshop but never got round to using it properly, I use it on a needs-must basis.

Used to use gimp at one time, never made friends with it either.
Posted By: Mark Re: Photoshop - 15th Mar 2015 6:19pm
Photoshop is now a subscription basis.
You can subscribe to individual parts of the suit and not the whole thing they seem to imply.

The issue is that even on a subscription your tied in for 12months min.

If you can get your hands on the older versions CS4 or CS5 you can run them from a disc.

So Photoshop can be affordable if you can get an older version.

Its a great app Photoshop and even the programmers don't know all its tricks.

Hope that helps.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Photoshop - 15th Mar 2015 9:02pm
I have Photoshop - OK older version. Does wonderful things but so complex that you have to almost re-lean it every time unless you are using it regularly

98% of the time I can achive ALL I want with a freebbe - Photoscape. Blooming marvellous it is

Snod
Posted By: alan128 Re: Photoshop - 16th Mar 2015 8:21am
I use photoshop elements 13 does everything I want and is a lot cheaper than the photoshop cs.Download for free 30 day trial to see if you like it
Alan
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Photoshop - 16th Mar 2015 10:52am
Paint.net is a nicer free alternative to GIMP.

Also see Serif Photoplus. You can get an older version for free from www.freeserifsoftware.com
Posted By: steamfan Re: Photoshop - 16th Mar 2015 6:51pm
Hi, everyone - thanks very much for all the advice - i've downloaded Photoscape - and am playing with that!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral