Forums
Posted By: Dilly s 3 problem - 6th Mar 2015 12:22pm
Hi folks, my Samsung S3 is giving me problems frown .battery won't charge properly, have tried a new battery and various chargers but if I leave it on charge overnight it will take around 50% charge and as soon as I start using it it runs down fast. Any ideas please. Cheers
Posted By: Mark Re: s 3 problem - 6th Mar 2015 12:37pm
Check the battery usage via my device battery.

See if the numbers add up.

It does sound like a hardware problem but your last option is a factory reset. This will eliminate a virus on your phone also.

Not much help, but it's a throw away world its just cheaper to replace it than repair.
Posted By: Dilly Re: s 3 problem - 6th Mar 2015 12:44pm
Cheers Mark will have a look smile
Posted By: JaseB Re: s 3 problem - 6th Mar 2015 12:45pm
Did this start after "official" firmware update?

If so, download firmware before, and reinstall via samsung kies software.

Personally, I root the phone (hack) and install 3rd party developer software (see forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3)

Jase
Posted By: Dilly Re: s 3 problem - 6th Mar 2015 12:57pm
Cheers Jase, but being a technophobe that went straight over my head smile
Posted By: JaseB Re: s 3 problem - 6th Mar 2015 1:20pm
No worries pal.

If all else fails, and you have no other-way to turn, PM me and I will have a look at it for you.

Jase
Posted By: Dilly Re: s 3 problem - 6th Mar 2015 1:28pm
Cheers Jase, it's stopped charging altogether now so I might have to bite the bullet and buy a new one. Thanks for the offer.
Posted By: Dilly Re: s 3 problem - 6th Mar 2015 6:56pm
Now sorted with brute force and ignorance, I put a tiny screwdriver into the charging port and give it a wiggle and hey presto it's now charging how it used to :)Thanks for your replies Guys.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: s 3 problem - 6th Mar 2015 7:18pm
Bit of belly fluff must have got in there - next time use the end of a tie wrap pleeeease so you don't short anything out.
Posted By: Dilly Re: s 3 problem - 6th Mar 2015 7:39pm
Cheers DD will do smile
Posted By: Dilly Re: s 3 problem - 7th Mar 2015 12:11pm
DD you will be horrified to hear that last night my shredder clogged up and while I was trying to clear it it took the end right of one of my steak knives, bloody powerful things them shredders smile
Posted By: snowhite Re: s 3 problem - 7th Mar 2015 12:16pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
DD you will be horrified to hear that last night my shredder clogged up and while I was trying to clear it it took the end right of one of my steak knives, bloody powerful things them shredders smile
raftl raftl never a dull moment with you Dilly.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral