Forums
Posted By: lincle computer frozen - 26th Feb 2015 8:18pm
Any advise welcome.What I know about comps could be written on a pinhead.I used my comp to track a parcel I was waiting for.It now appears to be stuck on that site.Ive turned off & on but no joy,cant get on anything else.Help please
Posted By: fish5133 Re: computer frozen - 26th Feb 2015 9:20pm
when you say its stuck on that site do you mean you cant navigate to a new website or that the parcel website always comes up when you connect to internet.

You may have inadvertently made it your homepage

Posted By: Vanmanone Re: computer frozen - 26th Feb 2015 9:24pm
Hi mate, Hold down the power button for about ten seconds until it reboots.
Posted By: lincle Re: computer frozen - 26th Feb 2015 9:55pm
Many thanks, tried reboot as suggested.Did manage to get on to another site but parcel website still there.Will retry
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: computer frozen - 26th Feb 2015 10:52pm
It would appear that your software used to access the internet has saved the settings forbthe default web page. What software do you use to access the internet eg internet explorer, google chrome etc and what operating system eg windows 7 or 8, Vista etc? If you can change to another site do you want to change your default page to something in particular?
Posted By: lincle Re: computer frozen - 27th Feb 2015 7:57pm
Hi GeeMeister,Thanks for that.Ive no idea but hopefully my Son be home this weekend so I will show him your reply.THanks
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: computer frozen - 27th Feb 2015 11:56pm
No problem, hope you get it sorted soon. There are plenty of people on here happy to help.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral