Forums
Posted By: chriskay Dash camera - 11th Feb 2015 1:30pm
Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced dashcam? I'm not too fussy about a high spec, I just want one to use as evidence in the case of an accident.
How do they work? Do you download video to your computer?
Preferably under £50.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Dash camera - 11th Feb 2015 1:37pm
Going to get one myself soon.

Have a look on techmoan TECHMOAN

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Dash camera - 11th Feb 2015 2:02pm
There's apps available for your phone that can be quite good too if you don't want all sorts of wires around your vehicle.
Posted By: Mark Re: Dash camera - 11th Feb 2015 2:06pm
You need a decent one as the £10 ones will be poor at dusk or dark. They seem to be the norm or becoming the norm.

How ever its black and white who's fault it may be is its cause on the screen.

Consider
* Removal (you dont want a nice dash cam on view when you go shopping). So a practical side.
* Battery Life (does it have one).
* Front & Rear recording
Take a look at this for £22 it could raise as many questions as answers.
Click me

Ridicules prices Click me

But i guess its only be as good as an insurance policy on the day will it show you the goods you need.

Good topic as i'm sure lots are now thinking of getting one of theses now.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Dash camera - 11th Feb 2015 3:11pm
I use a Mobius camera.

You can configure pretty much everything on it, main ones for me were the power on with ignition and loop recording - with a 32Gb card, it can record about 8hrs in 5 min segments - when it gets to the end of the card, it loops round and starts again - fit and forget - unless you ever need it...
Posted By: chriskay Re: Dash camera - 11th Feb 2015 5:11pm
Thanks for the advice. DD's link is very useful.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Dash camera - 11th Feb 2015 5:34pm
See what the 7dayshop has in stock.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Dash camera - 11th Feb 2015 6:58pm
Chris

I bought one of these from Staples
http://www.staples.co.uk/youngstar-...pla&gclid=CMTd9ubG2sMCFYvpwgodZ38AgA

Rollei Youngster

£40 in the CURRENT Staples sale

Simple very wide angle camera with a fully waterproof plastic case. IS waterproof - I took it snorkeling on holiday in January and no problems.

Very wide angle gives a bit of distortion in normal use (minor) but that cancels out when it is used under water.

Takes a micro SD card of whatever size you want. I have a 16GB which will give me a couple of hours video which is also about the battery charge life

Battery recharge is micro usb

Camera stays in the waterproof housing even if used on a car dash because there is no mount screw on the camera (too small) only on the case. Drawback of that is you cannot keep the battery charged as you drive because no (easy) access to the usb charge socket

Kit comes with a mount that will put the case + camera on the dash (or a bike helmet etc) and you can get universal handlebar adaptors easy off ebay.

Pic quality is perfectly good enough and at night is sensitive enough for normally lit roads.

Worth thinking about for under £50

Snod
© Wirral-Wikiwirral