Forums
Posted By: johncon WiFi extender - 8th Feb 2015 7:22pm
Hi guys is there a simple and cheap way to extend my WiFi coverage out to my garage / workshop ?
Posted By: Salmon Re: WiFi extender - 8th Feb 2015 7:31pm
I am surprised at this question.The folk next door do not have wifi but when their daughter comes to stay we quite happily give her access to ours. About 6 metres separate the houses and she uses the wifi anywhere and everywhere including the garden.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: WiFi extender - 8th Feb 2015 8:52pm
My neighbour and I use each other's if either is having a problem.
It does depend on the walls though - if they're thick the signal doesn't get through so easy
Posted By: hagar Re: WiFi extender - 8th Feb 2015 9:05pm
if you are on sky they do a booster box for £20.00 plus £2.18p&p (used to be free) am sure other providers will do same sort of deal.
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: WiFi extender - 8th Feb 2015 10:35pm
You could use wifi powerline adaptors or maybe configure a second router as a repeater (assuming it has the settings available) or actually install a repeater. Whatever option you eventually go for i would highly recommend password protecting access.
Posted By: markyport Re: WiFi extender - 8th Feb 2015 11:57pm
I Purchased an old Virgin Wireless Router & Use It To Extend My WiFi As The Old Wireless Router Only Has Ethernet Input & It Works brilliant.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: WiFi extender - 9th Feb 2015 10:52am
Just be careful when sharing a neighbour's wifi, especially as service providers now monitor usage.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: WiFi extender - 10th Feb 2015 11:33am
Powerline adapters are the one.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral