Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Internet Credit Card Fraud Security - 23rd Jan 2015 10:04pm
mad Had to make an emergency trip to Africa Tuesday and when I came to quickly book tickets online with my bank card the transaction was blocked by Lloyds . By the time (about 20 minutes on phone) I had got clearance from Lloyds security the ticket prices had gone up by £120.
Interesting to see how Lloyds will manage the impending complaint letter to them. grr
Posted By: Madge Re: Internet Credit Card Fraud Security - 23rd Jan 2015 10:12pm
its annoying but at least you know they are watching out for you, there are certain transactions to certain countries that trigger this, im with lloyds and before i book tickets for hols trips etc abroad i give them a very quick tinkle and tell them so they dont do that,
Posted By: Mark Re: Internet Credit Card Fraud Security - 23rd Jan 2015 10:22pm
Africa is one of the main culprits for cloned cards.

If fraud is committed the banks pretty much write it off as its a lost cause.

However i was told a few months ago that this practice had stopped, but maybe its other that Africa.

Fingers crossed you get some compensation, but its bound to be in the small print that maybe you needed to notify them of your travel (Which i dont agree with).
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Internet Credit Card Fraud Security - 24th Jan 2015 12:41pm
i was dealing with a well known uk travel agency so not sure if lloyds would have known africa was involved. Any way just come off the phone all sorted plus reimbursed phonecall plus a £20 apology for the added stress involved. nice one lloyds
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Internet Credit Card Fraud Security - 25th Jan 2015 7:54pm
I am sure I have read somewhere that often if you don't book immediately and go back to the travel site, the price has gone up when you return - perhaps they think you are hooked and can afford to do this?

Well done Lloyds.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Internet Credit Card Fraud Security - 26th Jan 2015 10:56am
I'm with Lloyds and always drop them a message if I'm about to do anything out of the ordinary, such as a major purchase or go somewhere far away.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral