Forums
I have Office 2010 on a memory stick with key.Purchased from genuine ebay seller.It is supposed to be for 3 computers and I have successfully installed on my laptop running windows 7.
I have tried to install on to hard drive of new computer running window 8.
It will not move from the e drive.
I have tried downloading from Microsoft but get a message to say my code is not valid for their downloads.
New computer came with Office 2013 installed I have removed this in case that was problem.
Thank you for any help.
Summary 8.1 computer.
It came with a Trial Version of Office so you uninstalled it.
When you tried to install from your pen drive its not moving ?

I'm not sure what you meant by not moving ?
Is the file on Pen drive a mini executable which downloads the office version ?

Its my understanding that the when you activate does it go 3,2,1 as licences go.

Your code my not be valid from Microsoft can be simply its not the exact same product.

I would get in touch with the seller, and be prepared to open a dispute if no help comes forward.

So you have installed once and should have 2 licences left.
Thanks Mark. I will contact seller
There really shouldnt have issues installing on to any windows operating system.

How ever just check the computer with windows 8.1 you can install other products, there could be a parental control or other software preventing the installation and then its not just the Version of Office you have.

I've skipped windows 8 so i cant say for sure what safety features could also prevent the install apart from Account Security.

Hope that helps.
Thanks
© Wirral-Wikiwirral