Forums
Posted By: yewgarth help with windows 7 password - 23rd Oct 2014 11:37pm
have just fixed a computer for someone for free, i was given the password and it worked fine until i tried it for the last time. It's now telling me i have the wrong password. I've checked everything, making sure the caps lock is not on etc.The lady I'm fixing it for is terminally Ill and I'd like to get it back to her in working order, I'm desperate to get it unlocked, HELP! Thanks,
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: help with windows 7 password - 24th Oct 2014 12:22am
You are best to google it, then get the computer password free and never password a computer ever again. I never password mine.
Posted By: yewgarth Re: help with windows 7 password - 24th Oct 2014 12:35am
tried to google it, you've either got to pay or it has a virus. Been looking for about 6 hours!
Posted By: kimpri Re: help with windows 7 password - 24th Oct 2014 1:01am
pm sent
Posted By: Tanzi Re: help with windows 7 password - 24th Oct 2014 7:12am
I have an old pc 2 doors down in a neighbours so she can watch whats on my server and she very cleverly changed the pass and even though we both tried the pass it wouldnt work .. take into consideration .. im Female .. i know most you men think we are useless at tech stuff ..
I googled found a hack and changed the pass.
*gold Star to me even if i do say so myself*
there is a way and its step by step easy peasy
I used this site http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/f/forgot-password-windows-7.htm and followed the instructions on the Reset Your Windows 7 Password With This Trick part .. Hope that helps
Posted By: fish5133 Re: help with windows 7 password - 24th Oct 2014 8:16am
possibility if you have been fixing it it may have reverted to a US keyboard. Check by typing all the letters and symbols etc and make sure thay are all coming up as keyed . My lad put a new drive in his laptop and had the problem
Posted By: Mark Re: help with windows 7 password - 24th Oct 2014 9:49am
At boot up press F7 for the start menu.

Select start in safe mode.

Hopefully you will see an account Admin
Login with Admin.

No go to the control panel and change the user that's locked out password.

If there is no admin account there are other ways.

Hope that helps.
Posted By: Pete_M Re: help with windows 7 password - 24th Oct 2014 10:59am
Failing any of the above try Hirens Boot CD or Windows Password Recovery Tool Ultimate.

Best of luck.
Posted By: Blueskier Re: help with windows 7 password - 24th Oct 2014 3:29pm
I had this on friends a few weeks back. Password was definitely right but it wouldnt accept it.
Cant remember the exact wording but it was more than incorrect password. Is that all its telling you?

Quick google and some messing but fixed in ten minutes.
Had to boot into safe mode and alter some bits of the registry. Easy enough to follow.

© Wirral-Wikiwirral