Forums
Posted By: Wally1 Sky Broadband Outage NW England - 17th Oct 2014 12:15pm
Sky BB and some phones are off for a lot of exchanges in
Liverpool and Manchester. I've been off since late last
night. Writing this on my son's PC as he is on BT.

Sky say they have identified the fault & they are working
to fix it.
Posted By: Wally1 Re: Sky Broadband Outage NW England - 17th Oct 2014 3:35pm
Just back on 16:35
Posted By: venice Re: Sky Broadband Outage NW England - 17th Oct 2014 3:45pm
Not before time! Thats a hell of a long time to be off. Its only inconvenienced me a bit, but if youve got a business depending on Sky communications it must have been a nightmare. Cant be funny for those selling on Ebay , a real loss of last minute bids will mean lots of items being sold for the original starting price !! maybe even 99p oshocked
Posted By: Rover1 Re: Sky Broadband Outage NW England - 17th Oct 2014 3:47pm
internet & phone bothjust come back on
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: Sky Broadband Outage NW England - 18th Oct 2014 7:37am
I spent nearly a fiver on my mobile to be told the same thing frown
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Sky Broadband Outage NW England - 18th Oct 2014 3:06pm
Originally Posted by venice
Not before time! Thats a hell of a long time to be off. Its only inconvenienced me a bit, but if youve got a business depending on Sky communications it must have been a nightmare. Cant be funny for those selling on Ebay , a real loss of last minute bids will mean lots of items being sold for the original starting price !! maybe even 99p oshocked

Would be nice to get a 99p bargain but doesn't happen that often. You shouldn't really start bids at 99p if your not prepared to let it go for that price. The only benefit I see is that it will throw your auction near the top of the list if someone does a search by lowest price first.
I play a bit of a game occasionally on ebay by just throwing on my highest bid from the start --if I win great if I don't ive helped push the price up for the seller--win win.
Posted By: MikeT Re: Sky Broadband Outage NW England - 20th Oct 2014 6:25am
Funny take on it here:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/10/17/north_sky_mega_broadband_outage/

Nice to know we live in the 'badlands surrounding Manchester and Liverpool' grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral