Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Galaxy s3 - 16th Aug 2014 10:25pm
I have a galaxy s3 that had a small crack in screen, now yesterday phone was dropped, and now screen does not work at all, altho phone powers up as normal i just can not see anything on the screen.

A new screen will set me back £70 +, and as i have a S5 i can not justify that cost.

I am wanting to give the phone away on here as some one will get them selves a decent phone and they may be able to get a screen cheaper.

But am wanting to wipe the phone before giving it away. I have got all my pics etc etc of using kies as phone connects to pc no problem, but there are text messages and numbers stored on phone, is there any way to get them off and wipe the phone, before giving it away.
Posted By: Pete_M Re: Galaxy s3 - 16th Aug 2014 11:12pm
Hi there, you can backup all your info via Kies (you can see the contents via your PC/Laptop) then do a factory reset and everything will be wiped, below is a link on how to reset your phone....Good luck....Pete
http://www.knowyourmobile.com/samsung/17394/how-reset-reboot-wipe-and-fix-samsung-galaxy-s3
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Galaxy s3 - 16th Aug 2014 11:28pm
Originally Posted by PiratePete
Hi there, you can backup all your info via Kies (you can see the contents via your PC/Laptop) then do a factory reset and everything will be wiped, below is a link on how to reset your phone....Good luck....Pete
http://www.knowyourmobile.com/samsung/17394/how-reset-reboot-wipe-and-fix-samsung-galaxy-s3
I cant do that screen is not working so i can see nothing on screen, also kies will not let me back up messages and wipe phone
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Galaxy s3 - 17th Aug 2014 8:01am
Can you do it remotely using online android device manager?
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Galaxy s3 - 17th Aug 2014 8:03am
Originally Posted by Garygadge
Can you do it remotely using online android device manager?
The phone is not signed into google.
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Galaxy s3 - 17th Aug 2014 8:35am
OK.... What about watching a video of the reset process on YouTube and copy it? You use the buttons not the screen so should hopefully work???
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Galaxy s3 - 17th Aug 2014 8:41am
OK.... What about watching a video of the reset process on YouTube and copy it? You use the buttons not the screen so should hopefully work???
I only want to reset it when i have got my numbers of it. I've been looking on ebay for a spares or repair S3 so i can put screen on mine, but all the ones on ebay all seem to have the same problem.
Posted By: Mark Re: Galaxy s3 - 17th Aug 2014 8:43am
Save yourself the hassel willo and just keep the phone until screen prices drop.

There is a bit of a hoo har about factory reset not being as wiped as you would like.

Android recommend

1. Back up your data.
2. Enable encryption.
3. Factory reset.

Then any recovered data is encrypted.
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Galaxy s3 - 17th Aug 2014 8:45am
I thought kies was capable of that. You may be able to do it with a windows programming like wonder share. I'm all out of ideas otherwise, sorry.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Galaxy s3 - 17th Aug 2014 8:49am
Originally Posted by Mark
Save yourself the hassel willo and just keep the phone until screen prices drop.

There is a bit of a hoo har about factory reset not being as wiped as you would like.

Android recommend

1. Back up your data.
2. Enable encryption.
3. Factory reset.

Then any recovered data is encrypted.
I wish I could leave it untill price of screens drop, but i need my numbers, I was due to start using my s5 the day i droped my s3.

This will teach me for not having numbers stored in google account.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Galaxy s3 - 17th Aug 2014 8:55am
I thought kies was capable of that. You may be able to do it with a windows programming like wonder share. I'm all out of ideas otherwise, sorry.
Just had another go with kies, and your right, i've now got all items backed up, just going to see if it will let me import them to S5
© Wirral-Wikiwirral