Forums
Posted By: TheComputerLab Office 2013 free for everyone! - 26th Jun 2014 8:21am
Not to sure if this is common knowledge so thought I would post it. You can now get a fully featured online office like experience for free. All you need is a Microsoft account.

https://office.com/start/default.aspx
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Office 2013 free for everyone! - 26th Jun 2014 9:42am
Speaking from little knowledge (often a bad thing!) I thought the student package had always been available as long as you had access through the education providers Microsoft purchase.

Years ago I bought Star Office - which is almost identical - very cheaply and it has served me well.

I did this because the first puter I purchased had office already installed. The next one was a laptop, without the Office installation so purchased Star Office to deal with bits and pieces and it has served me very well.

Personally, I don't think a computer should be sold without the appropriate Office type programing.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Office 2013 free for everyone! - 26th Jun 2014 10:38am
Yep, if you have a child at school or college and the school has an annual Microsoft schools agreement then they get Office 365 online for free, and access to cheap downloads of Office or Windows.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Office 2013 free for everyone! - 26th Jun 2014 10:48am
Well not all computers are purchased for the purpose of creating editing documents. I have several in my house and only 1 has office installed. For example you wouldn't want office on a home theatre system or a server, it is just going to bloat the operating system and cause it to run slower.

In regards to student packages, they come with word, PowerPoint, excel and one note. Very similar to the online version. If you have a @live account then you can add outlook to that list as @live accounts are basically 2013 Outlook online (owa).

You also get one drive and online collaboration. That means that several people can work on the same document at the same time.

It's the future! Ie your kid is doing homework, your on your ipad and you can log in to see how they are progressing.... Teacher can log in to assist all i whilst student is logged in and working.... Limitless! Lol
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Office 2013 free for everyone! - 26th Jun 2014 9:43pm
Yaaaaaaahhhhhhnnnnnn
Posted By: chriskay Re: Office 2013 free for everyone! - 26th Jun 2014 10:43pm
Originally Posted by s7uajones
Yaaaaaaahhhhhhnnnnnn

Topics aren't posted for your exclusive benefit.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Office 2013 free for everyone! - 27th Jun 2014 2:18pm
Yaaaaaaahhhhhhnnnnnn

you try to post interesting things to save people money.... your clearly a clever barstard
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Office 2013 free for everyone! - 27th Jun 2014 7:29pm
Originally Posted by TheComputerLab
Yaaaaaaahhhhhhnnnnnn

you try to post interesting things to save people money.... your clearly a clever barstard

That's this forum all over, you give people interesting info and just prove how thick they are by stupid responses.

google docs do a similar thing. 8 of us were all at our houses making a newsletter, we all had access to the doc at the same time. I did not know MS did a similar thing. Good find.

Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Office 2013 free for everyone! - 28th Jun 2014 8:55pm
Google started the online collaboration called google apps, MS took it and improved it by offering an almost full office environment.

Happy days
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Office 2013 free for everyone! - 28th Jun 2014 9:03pm
Yaaaaaaahhhhhhnnnnnn

Haha I just had a look at your posts! 6 sarcastic words per post.
Seller
"Anyone want a free bed?"
You:
"Can I sleep on it"...

Why do forum trolls waste their time?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral