Forums
Posted By: j_demo favourite computer game, and why? - 6th Jun 2014 4:43pm
Inspired by a thread I saw on another website forum and had a quick look around here but found nothing so correct me if I'm duplicating anything... basically just say what your favourite computer (PC game NOT console game) game is and why. I shall start:

My favourite is Red Alert 2 because while it wasn't phenomenal graphics, the game play was superb and the online play was also brilliant. Because there wasn't masses of terabytes to load there was no lag. I'm still adamant to this day it is my favourite game ever.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: favourite computer game, and why? - 6th Jun 2014 5:36pm
Carmageddon 1 and 2. First 3d sandbox violent racing games, far better than gta at the time. Being reincarnated at the moment and it is fantastic
Posted By: EvilCycle Re: favourite computer game, and why? - 6th Jun 2014 6:34pm
Unreal Tournament, I played it to utter death online for about 10 years, one of the best competitive shooters ever made.
Posted By: rocks Re: favourite computer game, and why? - 6th Jun 2014 8:50pm
"Myst" as i love games where you have to solve puzzles and i didnt have the internet at the time to bail me out with any walk throughs either!
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: favourite computer game, and why? - 6th Jun 2014 9:13pm
Torn between Dizzy and Monkey island,they both have puzzle solving and Witty remarks,and great game play
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: favourite computer game, and why? - 6th Jun 2014 9:20pm
I used to play Othello/Reversee/Reversi, kept my brain going all night. Also I`d play chess against the computer.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: favourite computer game, and why? - 6th Jun 2014 10:46pm
Also to note this is 30 years old today http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/6/5787208/tetris-turns-30-visual-history-videos
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: favourite computer game, and why? - 7th Jun 2014 5:36am
Half life 2 and Deus ex
The 1st true off the rails fps
Posted By: eggandchips Re: favourite computer game, and why? - 7th Jun 2014 9:31am
space invaders,
cos its the only one i could ever master
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: favourite computer game, and why? - 7th Jun 2014 10:14am
Originally Posted by eddtheduck
Half life 2 and Deus ex
The 1st true off the rails fps

still got them both, awesome games!
half life 1 too, and blood and postal (not the postal in the half life orange pack).

Originally Posted by eggandchips
space invaders,
cos its the only one i could ever master

heres my midway space invaders that i sold only the other day to a guy in pensby...

[Linked Image]

took this nintendo donkey kong junior in part ex...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: movingtables Re: favourite computer game, and why? - 7th Jun 2014 7:44pm
back in 1996 i started playing Quake 1 online.
played it to death for about 5 years.

only had 56k internet at the time but the experience
was light years ahead of anything these days.

smile
Posted By: Excoriator Re: favourite computer game, and why? - 9th Jun 2014 7:48am
I generally can't be bothered with games, but if I'm waiting for a slow download or something, I pass the time with a quick game or two of 'Freecell'

Probably I'm not the only one, and it woudn't be too surprising to find this is the world's favourite game.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: favourite computer game, and why? - 9th Jun 2014 10:56am
Not strictly PC, but Lotus Esprit on the Spectrum. It was essentially GTA well before its time.

And any other games which broke from the mould of screens of baddies to clear before progressing to the next level, so Knight Time, Attic Attack and Jet Set Willy.
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: favourite computer game, and why? - 10th Jun 2014 9:35am
Loads of old games come to mind, but my most recent favourites would be the Mass Effect Trilogy, just utterly brilliant.
Posted By: j_demo Re: favourite computer game, and why? - 11th Jun 2014 6:54pm
I've got the mass effect trilogy on 360 but not played any of them yet. I keep meaning to but never get round to it!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral