Forums
Posted By: ZipperClub Paypal Email phishing - 13th May 2014 10:05pm
They are at it again with silly phishing emails from Paypal.net, not Paypal.com and e-hsb.co.uk instead of Hsbc.co.uk.

Attached picture mail.jpg
Posted By: Alonso Re: Paypal Email phishing - 13th May 2014 11:57pm
Get em all the while. Even getting them purportedly from Amazon. I've stopped forwarding them to the appropriate people . I just delete them. Would love to hear that there are teams locking them up though. Even if they are based abroad.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Paypal Email phishing - 14th May 2014 12:43am
You never hear of anyone getting into trouble for all these emails, I don't believe anyone acts on them at all. I used to send them off to Paypal and sometimes get a thank you but nobody ever gets done for it. I have never read anything about it either in the press or the net, I think Paypal just bin the emails.
Posted By: Reno37 Re: Paypal Email phishing - 14th May 2014 10:51am
Advise from Police, Microsoft, and other organisations 'If you are unsure of the source of an E-mail, don't open it, just delete it '. Very wise advice indeed
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Paypal Email phishing - 14th May 2014 10:06pm
Had a couple myself this week saying I had been paid £672 . Knew it was suspicious straight away as it was sent to an email address that I am not registered on Paypal with. Did post ot off to paypal and did get a thanks email back.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Paypal Email phishing - 19th Jul 2014 8:56pm
Them little buggers are still phishing. I just got this email

Attached picture Untitled.jpg
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Paypal Email phishing - 19th Jul 2014 9:00pm
When I move the mouse over "Resolution Center" you see at the bottom left corner the true address to which it will take you too. Sure don't look like Paypal.com :-)
and [email protected] is a bit of a giveaway too.

Attached picture Untitled.jpg
© Wirral-Wikiwirral