Forums
Posted By: louthomas IPAD 4 disabled - 7th Feb 2014 10:58am
Please can anyone help?? My ipad has decided to disable itself. It happened as the screeen had cracked and trying to use with normal password the keys were not in sync as underneath must have moved. Have since had the screen fixed and still disabled. Any ideas how I can sort this out? Thanks
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: IPAD 4 disabled - 7th Feb 2014 11:25am
If you have previously synced your device with iTunes, you may be able to reset the passcode by restoring the device:Connect the device to the computer with which you normally sync and open iTunes.Note: If iTunes asks you to enter the passcode, try another computer that you have synced with. Otherwise, go to "If you have never synced your device with iTunes, or you do not have access to a computer" section below.If the device is still disabled, or if iTunes does not automatically sync your device, sync the device with iTunes.When the backup and sync is complete, restore your device.When iOS Setup Assistant asks to set up your device, choose "Restore from iTunes backup".Select your device in iTunes and choose the most recent backup of your ipad.
If you have never synced your ipad with a pc then you will probably have to do a complete wipe via itunes. Hopefully someone else reading this may know of a way to preseve your data but unforetunately my knowledge is limited.
Posted By: TheDr Re: IPAD 4 disabled - 7th Feb 2014 7:50pm
If you can bring it up to my place I'll sort it for you. smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral