Forums
Posted By: Guzzler Virgin Super Hub Problem - 5th Feb 2014 7:39pm
We've just been upgraded to a Virgin Super Hub box & it connects via wireless to everything apart from 1 laptop. Any ideas?
Posted By: movingtables Re: Virgin Super Hub Problem - 5th Feb 2014 7:53pm
anymore information?

Is it the superhub 1 or 2 ?
what operating system does the laptop have?
was it able to connect to a previous wireless network?
Posted By: Guzzler Re: Virgin Super Hub Problem - 5th Feb 2014 8:01pm
Hi

It's a SuperHub 2. Its Windows Vista Home Basic.

Yes, no problems with the old Virgin set-up.

The confusing thing is that my wife & i have exactly the same laptops with the same operating systems. Mine works fine, but hers doesn't
Posted By: Mark Re: Virgin Super Hub Problem - 5th Feb 2014 8:05pm
Delete the wireless connection.
On the laptop via advanced wireless connections tab.

And let it prompt you for the password again.

Reboot the laptop can fix a thousand sins.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Virgin Super Hub Problem - 5th Feb 2014 8:12pm
Your Hub is reporting 'online' but has no downstream channels 'locked'. wink

If you're of a mind to check the status of 'locked' channels yourself you can do this by:

Type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your internet browser
Log in to the Hubs' interface with 'admin' as the login and 'changeme' as the password
Click on 'Advanced Settings'
Click on 'Network Status' which is beneath 'Device Management'
'Downstream Acquisition' should be in a 'Locked' status and further down the screen under 'Downstream Channels' you should see a maximum of 8 locked channels.
If you have none locked it might be a good idea to take a screenshot and post the image on here.
Posted By: Guzzler Re: Virgin Super Hub Problem - 5th Feb 2014 8:33pm
Thanks Mark & Edd, but unfortunately no luck. It comes back as "access local only" whereas mine says "access local & internet".
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Virgin Super Hub Problem - 5th Feb 2014 8:50pm
Originally Posted by Guzzler
Thanks Mark & Edd, but unfortunately no luck. It comes back as "access local only" whereas mine says "access local & internet".

Network sharing centre' and left click on 'Manage Wireless Networks' . From there click on 'Adaptor Properties' and then click 'Configure'.

Then click the now visible 'Driver' column and go down to 'Update Driver'. After around 4 minutes of searching it should find the update. closed all boxes. look for the update symbol ( Yellow shield with an exclamation mark) in the start menu/task bar by clock. On pressing this the issue should resolved instantly and the little blue connection symbol should happily spinning away smile
Posted By: Guzzler Re: Virgin Super Hub Problem - 5th Feb 2014 10:00pm
Thanks guys. I'll give your tips a try - really appreciate your time.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Virgin Super Hub Problem - 5th Feb 2014 11:34pm
I had a similar problem once, Virgin had even gone so far as to replace the router but it was still the same.

It turned out that an automatic update to the AntiVirus software that was being used had identified the router as a possible open threat (well, yes) and had blocked access to it.

Removed the software, problem solved.
Posted By: rover644 Re: Virgin Super Hub Problem - 6th Feb 2014 3:11am
Also when you access the router try turning off the security and see if it connects then. I've had similar problems in the past with the super hub.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral