Forums
Posted By: kensden samsung s3 - 27th Jan 2014 11:51pm
does anyone know how much it is too get a screen fixed and the digitalziser fixed or should I get insurance from protect you bubble and make a claim for damaged phone whats the best way around this my phone is on contract and on 02
Posted By: TheDr Re: samsung s3 - 28th Jan 2014 1:23am
If it's the digitizer AND the screen you're looking at over £100 (I'd have to check in the morning as prices changing all the time on them). If it's just the digitizer it's a lot cheaper.

Protect your bubble, well, apart from you suggesting insurance fraud (which I couldn't possibly comment on) I've heard all sorts of stories about them, including that if you make a claim you have to pay your 12m up front on top of any excess before they'll pay out (to stop people making one payment, having a big claim and not making any more payments).
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: samsung s3 - 28th Jan 2014 3:25am
A friend of mine paid £130 for new screen about a month ago. When they first come out another friend paid £250 omg
Posted By: LiamW Re: samsung s3 - 28th Jan 2014 4:21am
I'd suggest insurance fraud WASNT the best option.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: samsung s3 - 28th Jan 2014 8:14am
Originally Posted by kensden
does anyone know how much it is too get a screen fixed and the digitalziser fixed or should I get insurance from protect you bubble and make a claim for damaged phone whats the best way around this my phone is on contract and on 02
Buy a blocked or spares or repair s3 from eBay, and swap the front over, its easy to do, find a video on you tube and follow it, that's what I did with s2, just make sure the one you buy is same colour.

All so you wont pay any one labour charges.
Posted By: TheDr Re: samsung s3 - 28th Jan 2014 10:58am
Just checked for you, complete new front panel is £115 (supplied and fitted).
Posted By: kensden Re: samsung s3 - 28th Jan 2014 11:41am
thank to you all for your help I rang carphone they want 175 ,so now lookin around on ebay and few shops too see whats the cheapest while am here anyone know how to check ime numbers from phone to see if the are robbed ect thanks
Posted By: sam15 Re: samsung s3 - 28th Jan 2014 1:26pm
@dr how much for just the front glass on an s3
Posted By: rover644 Re: samsung s3 - 28th Jan 2014 1:56pm
Getting insurance from protect your bubble and making a claim will cost you way more than the £115 theDr quoted. Avoid at all costs.
Posted By: TheDr Re: samsung s3 - 28th Jan 2014 3:43pm
To check if they're robbed (or not) use http://www.checkmend.com/uk/

Front glass only (screen intact) on an S3 is £60 (normally £70 so mention Wiki if you bring it in).

It's not a quick job as we use UV reactive glue to bond it in as the double sided pads some (other) places use leave the screen sitting a bit proud of the frame.
Posted By: kensden Re: samsung s3 - 28th Jan 2014 6:17pm
been told its the lcd the front glass is not broken not a mark on it
© Wirral-Wikiwirral