Forums
Posted By: Mark S3 S4 Note 2 Gellybean Update 4.3 Problems - 26th Dec 2013 10:33am
There was a new jellybean update release 4.3 to most networks.
Its not with out its problems.

So be sure if your a S3, S4, Note 2 User the new features out way the potential issues around the internet listed.

Ive found one so far which has miffed me. My phone can no longer ping out due to a ICMP socket being blocked. Which as a net worker i use a few times a month.

* I have reset the phone, spending most of Christmas day getting it back up and running.

So my advice is to have a google about just to make sure you want to update. The 2 New main features that dont effect me are the group play, and support for the new gear watch.

Rant xda developers

Merry Christmas everyone smile
Posted By: AX_125 Re: S3 S4 Note 2 Gellybean Update 4.3 Problems - 26th Dec 2013 11:51am
My phone has slowed down a fair amount since upgrading to Kitkat, same with Iphones updating to new versions of iOS.

Personally , if your phone is stable on the current release of software, I wouldnt bother upgrading unless there is something in particular you are after.
Posted By: Lynda Re: S3 S4 Note 2 Gellybean Update 4.3 Problems - 26th Dec 2013 12:30pm
I have also found that my s3 mini has slowed right down since the new upgrade 2 weeks ago.......I keep having to restart it to try and speed it up a bit!
Im not a happy bunny!!
Posted By: danjaylai Re: S3 S4 Note 2 Gellybean Update 4.3 Problems - 30th Dec 2013 12:20am
Absolutely gutted!!!!

Did the 4.3 update today on my Note 2 and lost most of my holiday pictures and videos from 2012 and 2013.

Seems to have deleted or corrupted most of my Gallery files including loads of family stuff.

Wish I hadn't done it now
Posted By: Emeeh Re: S3 S4 Note 2 Gellybean Update 4.3 Problems - 30th Dec 2013 7:01am
Backing up is a fundamental part of upgrading and should ALWAYS be done prior to any update.

I know it's too late now but if it saves anyone else the pain then my post has been worthwhile.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: S3 S4 Note 2 Gellybean Update 4.3 Problems - 30th Dec 2013 12:59pm
Check your Google account. Android might have auto uploaded them for you. Mine does
Posted By: Mark Re: S3 S4 Note 2 Gellybean Update 4.3 Problems - 30th Dec 2013 2:48pm
Originally Posted by danjaylai
Absolutely gutted!!!!

Did the 4.3 update today on my Note 2 and lost most of my holiday pictures and videos from 2012 and 2013.

Seems to have deleted or corrupted most of my Gallery files including loads of family stuff.

Wish I hadn't done it now

Check Drop Box also as that has the photo upload by default.

kies no longer works on the Note2 for backing up on 4.3
You now have to download Kies "3" !!!!

I goggled around to see what did get erased with a factory reset.
On the Note 2 Running 4.3 all internal phone memory and cards are erased. As a precaution now i always remove my External SD Card.

I hate these updates.

Kies 3 Does have a recovery Firmware option if things have gone wrong.

Hope that helps.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral