Forums
Posted By: TheComputerLab Bitcoins... - 4th Dec 2013 8:33pm
Have you got any? Or any other crypto currency?
Posted By: rainman Re: Bitcoins... - 4th Dec 2013 11:30pm
i started to mine bitcoins but it was a slow process as i didnt have the best graphics card for the job.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bitcoins... - 4th Dec 2013 11:45pm
Why do you need a good graphics card?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bitcoins... - 4th Dec 2013 11:47pm
Since this article the web and bitcoins has gone viral, i never heard of bitcoins until i seen this....

[youtube]4vExeRv7fI8[/youtube]
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Bitcoins... - 4th Dec 2013 11:48pm
See here..
http://www.maximumpc.com/asrocks_bitcoin_mining_motherboards_each_supports_6_graphics_cards2013
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bitcoins... - 4th Dec 2013 11:51pm
Cheers zipper happy
Posted By: rainman Re: Bitcoins... - 4th Dec 2013 11:51pm
Why do you need a good graphics card?

the generation software uses the GPU from your graphics card which is alot fater than Pure CPU power , there is software that uses the CPU power but alot slower ..

Posted By: granny Re: Bitcoins... - 5th Dec 2013 12:48am
Over the last few weeks there have been a number of programmes on the radio which have covered the subject of 'bitcoins'.
I was really interested in them and how it was explained seemed easy enough to follow until the final paragraph, in which warnings were given. Still don't know much about them, as retaining the information is becoming more difficult, laugh but I reckon they are worth a go , so long as nobody puts their life on the line and they
can undersrand the process to get there.
They might be getting out of reach now for many.
Posted By: rainman Re: Bitcoins... - 5th Dec 2013 2:18pm
2 months ago the value of a bitcoin was around £60.00 ..last night i checked and saw each bitcoin was now worth £705.00 ... with that in mind remember they can also drop in value as quickly as they increase

currently i see 1 BTC = £609.07370 GBP
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Bitcoins... - 5th Dec 2013 10:01pm
This is simply stock market stuff these days. I bought 2 12 months ago for £20. Used 1 straight away and kept the other,

Current value is over 1000 dollars happy days!
Posted By: Gloom Re: Bitcoins... - 7th Dec 2013 12:17am
Don't bother unless you are going to invest thousands in ASICs. If you don't know what they are stick to buying and selling bitcoins directly and don't bother attempting to mine them. The money will be in buying a few thousands of pounds worth now and waiting a few years to see what happens. Risky investment that will probably pay off for those who can afford it / have the kit to mine.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Bitcoins... - 8th Dec 2013 10:42pm
Still have no idea what they are.
Posted By: Jk_87 Re: Bitcoins... - 9th Dec 2013 9:04am
Originally Posted by Gloom
Don't bother unless you are going to invest thousands in ASICs. If you don't know what they are stick to buying and selling bitcoins directly and don't bother attempting to mine them. The money will be in buying a few thousands of pounds worth now and waiting a few years to see what happens. Risky investment that will probably pay off for those who can afford it / have the kit to mine.

spot on. get on to lite coins!
Posted By: Mark Re: Bitcoins... - 18th Dec 2013 4:10pm
o Dear Bitcoin sinks after China restricts yuan exchanges

Click Me
Posted By: venice Re: Bitcoins... - 18th Dec 2013 5:39pm
Did you dabble? Some of the people in at the start must have made some serious money - Serious money lost now though for those not out in time. I find the whole thing a weird concept.Is it just basically another Ponzi scheme?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral