Forums
Posted By: Hedgehog 4G coverage on Wirral - 29th Nov 2013 12:40pm
It's phone upgrade day on Monday. Looking at my tarriff options the 4G ones are £5 more than the 3G ones.
4G coverage is not too good in my area (Hoylake), anyone know how quickly good 4G coverage will spread? Is it worth me getting the higher tarriff and waiting?
Cheers
Posted By: Mark Re: 4G coverage on Wirral - 29th Nov 2013 2:33pm
Who is your Provider ? EE
Posted By: Mark Re: 4G coverage on Wirral - 29th Nov 2013 2:35pm
https://explore.ee.co.uk/coverage-checker

its a bit patchy out of the area.

zoom in and out of the map.

Ive heard of dead spots that are not shown on that map.
Posted By: vwshmee Re: 4G coverage on Wirral - 29th Nov 2013 5:17pm
I recently upgraded to a 4G contract with Vodafone and I'm in Bebington, get it most of the time on the Wirral
Posted By: SilentReader Re: 4G coverage on Wirral - 30th Nov 2013 9:34am
I'm on O2 and 4g coverage has been good for me and the speeds are great
Posted By: Martin_T Re: 4G coverage on Wirral - 1st Dec 2013 6:31pm
I'm with EE, based in Eastham but often travel and find that the coverage is pretty good on most of the Wirral and Liverpool City Centre
Posted By: leeboy1968 Re: 4G coverage on Wirral - 2nd Dec 2013 9:04am
3 are giving 4G for free early next year.
Coverage is brilliant except for west kirby
Posted By: Petei123 Re: 4G coverage on Wirral - 2nd Dec 2013 9:32am
I'm on Three at the moment and I'm due to get upgraded to 4g soon. It's still due to be unlimited data and tethering too. I travel around alot too, and had no signal problems apart from when I was out in the sticks in Portsmouth last month
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: 4G coverage on Wirral - 6th Dec 2013 4:13pm
This problem, seems to be worst around this estate and also down this end of Leasowe RD/Pasture Rd. There used to be an Orange mast on Tarran Industrial Estate. EE discontinued it and the signal dropped from 5bars to one bar, unless I stand on the back bedroom wihdow sill!
The other problem is pure BT and is connected with the copper cabling between the house and the local exchange. But it is alao time related and is,I believe, to do with the way BT controls the access to its system!
Posted By: Martin1943 Re: 4G coverage on Wirral - 2nd Mar 2014 3:46pm
The "coverage" shown is largely in EEs mind. I watched them de-commision the mast on the indutrial estate and my signal drop to zero, as did the coverage at the Pasture Road end of Leasowe Road. A lind line phone call of complaint got me a free "mini Hub" which works well in the house. It also bought an admission that some customers would be inconvenienced. Ha Ha , so don't quote EE propogander
Posted By: ManxCat Re: 4G coverage on Wirral - 2nd Mar 2014 7:17pm
I am with Orange on 3G which changed to EE. The 3G signal on Twicky Dr Leasowe is terrible, there seems to be a black spot between two masts along that road. 2G isn't affected and works great.

Back in Birkenhead the signal is great. Waiting to upgrade to iPhone 5s on EE this summer. How is the 4G signal on the Isle of Man?

© Wirral-Wikiwirral