Forums
Posted By: Mark Google goes through every Gmail (email) - 14th Nov 2013 2:41pm
Google goes through every Gmail that's sent or received, looking for keywords so they can target Gmail users with paid ads. And there's no way to opt out of this invasion of your privacy.

Watch the video to learn about Gmail's tactics.

Outlook.com is different—we don't go through your email to sell ads.

Watch the Video Click Me

I use Gmail,
I'm not bothered, In my opinion its a computer diging out key words not a human reading the content for what it is.

People can sometimes expect so much for free.

That's my opinion smile
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Google goes through every Gmail (email) - 14th Nov 2013 5:56pm
Nothing in life is free. Doesn't bother me to much
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Google goes through every Gmail (email) - 14th Nov 2013 6:33pm
Not just gmail. Anything you visit on the web will be picked up by Adsense and you will be presented with ads relating to your likes. Tesco Garages are bringing in a similar thing in that they scan your face and profile you age,gender and will target you on screens by the tills with ads relating to your profile. Gonna try it with a burkha on and see what comes up--an ad for slatted blinds perhaps?
Posted By: Guzzler Re: Google goes through every Gmail (email) - 14th Nov 2013 8:08pm
I've used Gmail for years. I also use AdBlock. Sorted.
Posted By: mikeeb Re: Google goes through every Gmail (email) - 15th Nov 2013 7:33pm
Google is invaluable but is getting more and more intrusive
I logged into G+ and every pic on my phone had been uploaded
I know no one else could access them but it shocked me
There is a lot of settings in google set as default
I love the android and google search but they can be over the top trying to make money selling you preferences

© Wirral-Wikiwirral