Forums
Posted By: melloi my tv wont come on - 12th Oct 2013 7:47pm
hi there can anyone help me please i have a bauer tv the blue stand by light just flashes i was wondering if anyone knew what the problem was and or could help me repair it as cheap as possible please
Posted By: ASE71 Re: my tv wont come on - 12th Oct 2013 9:41pm
Switch it off at the plug for a minute then try again. if it wont turn on then, get a new tv, it will be cheaper than a repair.
Posted By: melloi Re: my tv wont come on - 12th Oct 2013 9:56pm
ive tried the unplug it and also tried the rest thingy someone says it might be the caps? whatever they are which could be less than 40 quid but i have no idea about tvs mself and cant possibly afford a new one thats what am looking for someone who could possibly help me to get it fixed
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: my tv wont come on - 12th Oct 2013 10:10pm
Have you tried using the remote, switching it on/off standby.
Also, sometimes under a "flap" could be buttons that can be pressed.
Posted By: melloi Re: my tv wont come on - 12th Oct 2013 10:13pm
now heres the thing somehow the remote has gone missin kids messing about or the ghost who always says it wasnt me cmon we all have a wasnt me ghost in the house lol. it does have buttons on the side like channel up down volume up down and menu and power have tried all them but still stays black screen..but the blue button on the bottom which am pressuming is standby stays blue or flashes
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: my tv wont come on - 12th Oct 2013 10:16pm
I`d dig out the remote, I have a TV that goes in standby and only comes out of it with the remote.
Posted By: melloi Re: my tv wont come on - 12th Oct 2013 10:20pm
do you reckon if i bought a 3in1 or 4in1 that would work?
Posted By: Excoriator Re: my tv wont come on - 13th Oct 2013 8:35am
I suggest you go online and look for a replacement remote for your model of telly if you can't find the original, rather than buying one of those general purpose ones. They will work but they probably wont have all the facilities the proper remote has. I found an exact replacement for ours when the dog attacked the original and it cost a bit under a tenner, but perhaps I was lucky.

Not quite the same problem, but if you ever have to check whether a remote is working, digital cameras like the one on your mobile are sensitive to the infra red, and you can see a twinkle of light via the camera when you press a button if the thing is working.

Posted By: melloi Re: my tv wont come on - 13th Oct 2013 1:37pm
am worried about spending money out on it if thats not the problem to then be told its knackered if i could get it on too see it working i would happyily buy a new remote but looking on ebay they are over a tenner boohoo
Posted By: chris58 Re: my tv wont come on - 13th Oct 2013 5:57pm
Same problem with our Tele last week. Ended up buying another one
Posted By: melloi Re: my tv wont come on - 13th Oct 2013 6:18pm
see thats what am worried about..someone has just told me it sounds as if its gone into power saving mode so gonna try and see if i can get it out of it..these new tellys are a pain never had this prob with the old big backed silver ones lol
Posted By: tiptop Re: my tv wont come on - 13th Oct 2013 7:19pm
http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/442944-bauer-xt37-37-lcd-tv-tesco.html

doesnt look good.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: my tv wont come on - 13th Oct 2013 8:47pm
Originally Posted by melloi
could be less than 40 quid but i have no idea about tvs mself and cant possibly afford a new one thats what am looking for someone who could possibly help me to get it fixed

And another £40-£50 for labour. Like has been said cheaper to get new one. Unless the tv is really worth it.
Posted By: melloi Re: my tv wont come on - 13th Oct 2013 10:28pm
ok thanks guys think ill get a quote and if it too much ill just get old faithful out the loft until we can afford a new one.thanks for everyone trying to help i really appreciate it
© Wirral-Wikiwirral