Forums
Posted By: venice Upper case disappeared - 11th Oct 2013 6:20pm
My OH just took a panicking call fo me from a friend needing to do some work tonight on his laptop , which involves using capital letters , and since Microsoft downloaded a stack of updates last night, his computer will only do lower case . I havent a clue , so thought Id ask on here. Is this a common problem on laptops generally, or do I need to find out exact model etc? Can anyone help please?
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Upper case disappeared - 11th Oct 2013 6:33pm
How about system restore for a quick fix. btw, my first was born at the Heswall Maternity Hospital.
Posted By: venice Re: Upper case disappeared - 11th Oct 2013 6:52pm
I thought system restore was a resource you only used if you were pretty computer savvy -- not sure if this guy would be ok with that route . I certainly wouldnt know what I was doing with it.

Im afraid I only remember the Cleaver hospital, not the maternity one. Bet you had a nice view of Wales.
Posted By: snowshoes Re: Upper case disappeared - 11th Oct 2013 7:00pm
It's not complicated. You can find it under Accessories-System Tools-System Restore and follow prompts.

Yes, the view was and still is spectacular.
Posted By: venice Re: Upper case disappeared - 11th Oct 2013 7:05pm
ok, thanks, Ill pass the info on and he can try it.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Upper case disappeared - 11th Oct 2013 10:20pm
It's possible that it's not connected with the update; maybe his shift key isn't working.
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Upper case disappeared - 11th Oct 2013 10:37pm
Microsoft upgrades would not cause this.
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Upper case disappeared - 12th Oct 2013 9:04am
I'd start by trying another keyboard.
Posted By: venice Re: Upper case disappeared - 13th Oct 2013 7:43am
The guy did a systems restore to the previous day, and Bingo, it worked thank goodness. Apparently no, it isnt difficult, so might try myself in the future if ever I have the need. Thanks everyone for your posts.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral