Forums
Posted By: tiptop amazon fake emails - 1st Oct 2013 2:21pm
Just like to tell people of a fake email going around claiming to be from Amazon saying

Good morning,
Thanks for your order. We’ll let you know once your item(s) have dispatched.You can check the status of your order or make changes to it by visiting Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.
Order Details
Order #NAN-0517435-3345681

Placed on September 25, 2013

Order details and invoice in attached file.

Need to make changes to your order? Visit our Help page for more information and video guides.

We hope to see you again soon.
Amazon.co.uk

this comes with an attachment which I don't/ won't open

Keep a look out guys
Posted By: Gibbo Re: amazon fake emails - 1st Oct 2013 2:31pm
Yeah, we've had a lot here today. Manning the helpdesk is a hoot.

Caller: "I've had an email from Amazon, but I've not bought anything and don't use my work email for Amazon".

Delete it then muppet. Do you reply to every piece of junk mail the postman sends? "Dear Everest, thank you for your lovely detailed brochure on double glazing, but unfortunately I have no need for new windows at the moment".
Posted By: Blueskier Re: amazon fake emails - 1st Oct 2013 2:42pm
Yeah had that too, the attached file is a zip file which could contain all sorts of nasties.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: amazon fake emails - 1st Oct 2013 6:29pm
Yeah I've had a couple over the last few days.
Posted By: Nighteyes Re: amazon fake emails - 1st Oct 2013 8:08pm
I reported it as Phishing with Outlook and Amazon there's an email address to forward the scam one at the bottom of this page Amazon phishing page
Posted By: Sallybear Re: amazon fake emails - 1st Oct 2013 9:11pm
Yeah I got it too, I got two in fact, one directly to me, another copying in a whole host of other people. I get emails from various banks including my own inviting me to do stuff I wouldn't do. You just have to be savvy to it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral