Forums
Posted By: ChrisJ 2TB Hard Drive - Macrium Reflect Image Image - 18th Aug 2013 8:17pm
Hi,
In May I made a Back-Up Image of my C Drive using Macrium Reflect the size was 189 GB (Onto a 2TB Drive) I attempted to make a newer image I deleted the existing image from the drive, near the end of the new BU I got a message saying I've run out of disk space !!!
I canceled the backup and checked the 2TB drive it now says it's only 194 GB.
If I format it it still says 194 GB

Help !!!!!

Is there any way to get the drive back to a 2TB Drive
Posted By: Willo_ Re: 2TB Hard Drive - Macrium Reflect Image Image - 18th Aug 2013 9:51pm
Go to start menu, right click on my computer or computer, click on manage, click continue, then choose disk management, what size does it say your 1tb hdd is
Posted By: ChrisJ Re: 2TB Hard Drive - Macrium Reflect Image Image - 18th Aug 2013 10:05pm
Thanks for your reply.

189 GB
As the title says its a 2TB not a 1TB, he has already formatted it so he must of already clicked on "my computer" etc, to do so.
Could it be that your motherboard does not support drives of that size. I know it done a backup in May, but only now using "windows disk management" could it of come to light. Cheers.
Posted By: ChrisJ Re: 2TB Hard Drive - Macrium Reflect Image Image - 18th Aug 2013 10:20pm
Thanks for your reply.

It's always being a 2TB drive, it was 3/4 full a while back.
I think the BU process completes the image then closes the drive.
Ok, plan B...
my computer, right click and.. as in pic

Attached picture image.png
Posted By: ChrisJ Re: 2TB Hard Drive - Macrium Reflect Image Image - 18th Aug 2013 11:53pm
Oh Sh??

I didn't do that (bloody user Error - Me) I just plugged the Hard Drive (It's external HD in a Caddy) opened in My Computer and deleted the image. Duhhhh....

Is there any way back !!
do it now, then format the drive.. hopefully, to get back the 2TB
Posted By: ChrisJ Re: 2TB Hard Drive - Macrium Reflect Image Image - 19th Aug 2013 12:23am
I can't perform this Back-Up, my C drive is 295 GB so I'm doing a back up of a small external drive 24 GB to get an Image on the drive.

Thanks for your help so far....
Posted By: Willo_ Re: 2TB Hard Drive - Macrium Reflect Image Image - 19th Aug 2013 8:00am
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
As the title says its a 2TB not a 1TB, So i made a typo error, big fookin deal he has already formatted it so he must of already clicked on "my computer" etc, to do so. You can format without going through to disk management, the way i explained it was to take the op through to disk management
Could it be that your motherboard does not support drives of that size. I know it done a backup in May, but only now using "windows disk management" could it of come to light. Cheers.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral