Forums
Posted By: Nikkit Kindle Keyboard Repairer - 12th Aug 2013 9:50am
Hi

Does anyone know of anywhere local or national that fixes Kindles?

I think mine my need a new battery, I would prefer to have it checked though before spending the money on a new battery and trying to fix it myself.

Thanks
Nikki
Posted By: TheDr Re: Kindle Keyboard Repairer - 12th Aug 2013 10:06am
Hi

I had a Kindle in for "repair" over the weekend, customer said it was completely dead, another place had told her it was water damaged.

Turned out the charger (original) wasn't high enough amperage to start the charging process when it was completely flat.

Fiver for a 2A USB charger later and one VERY happy lady.

The battery on a Kindle shouldn't be failing yet unless its one of the early ones.

What is the actual problem that you're having with it ?
Posted By: Nikkit Re: Kindle Keyboard Repairer - 12th Aug 2013 10:18am
I have had my Kindle for 2 years but I havent used my kindle for a few weeks. Last week I took it out of the cover and there was a message on it stating that the battery was empty and needed charging for at least 30 minutes to clear the screen of the message. If this didnt work it said to reset it. I tried the above and nothing happened.

After chatting with Kindle Customer Care they suggested another wire/plug. I plugged it in to another socket and after an hour or so it worked. So I thought it was fixed. I am trying to get hold of another wire as we "chat"!.

But no it keeps freezing, and then resetting itself. When you reset it it only works if you have just charged it. The slide button underneath shows no green light and when I manage to get it on you cannot slide to close the kindle into sleep mode.

I have checked the version number and it is up to date.

Have a feeling it isnt holding its charge but I am happy to be proved wrong!!

Any ideas?
Posted By: Nikkit Re: Kindle Keyboard Repairer - 19th Aug 2013 8:48pm
Anyone?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral