Forums
Posted By: fish5133 Windows Live Email /Outlook Express problem - 12th Aug 2013 1:27am
Trying to reduce size of photos to email. When I right click photo and select "send to" and "mail recipient" the resize option comes up ok but it then tries to send it using Windows Live mail which is not the email package i use. I am on Outlook express. My email address is a virginmedia.com one and the windows live mail tries to send out using an old ntlworld address i had.
Outlook express is my default so dont understand why windows live mail should keep popping up when i try to use the "send to" option for pictures or documents.
On windows XP home
Any clues please ?
Posted By: Mark Re: Windows Live Email /Outlook Express problem - 12th Aug 2013 7:21am
Probably due to a windows update.
You need to change the associated program in your case windows mail. If your not sure how to do that try a google for changing associated program win xp.

I don't use windows mail but you may be able to removed windows mail via add remove programs as a last resort.

Posted By: Willo_ Re: Windows Live Email /Outlook Express problem - 12th Aug 2013 7:34am
Windows XP

Use the following steps to change the default mail program in XP:

1: Click the Start button, then click on the Control Panel icon to open the Windows Control Panel.

2: Click the Add or Remove Programs icon to open the Add or Remove Programs applet.

3: On the left side of the Window click the Set Program Access and Defaults icon.

4: In the Access and Defaults window, click on the Custom radio button to expand the Custom category.

5: Underneath Choose a default e-mail program, click the radio button next to the program you want to use (e.g. Outlook, Thunderbird, Eudora).

6: Click OK at the bottom of the window.

Attached picture xp1.png
Attached picture xp2.png
Attached picture xp3.png
Attached picture xp4.png
Attached picture xp5.png
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Windows Live Email /Outlook Express problem - 12th Aug 2013 7:15pm
thanks Mark and Willo. I thought i already had outlook as my default but following your instructions Willo I have to say your brillo!
seems to have sorted it
cheers.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral