Forums
Hi guys,

I'm looking for help for my laptop which acquired the blue screen of death today, confused I have tried all the ways I know of to boot into SAFE MODE but it wont let me do anything, Damn stupid thing.

Any advice you can give me will be acted upon, even if it costs money....yuk

Thanks for stopping by and reading this.

Brian.
pm the dr he should be able to help.
Posted By: Mark Re: Screen of death on Samsung running windows 8 - 19th Jun 2013 9:50pm
Unplug any devices you may have attached.

Remove the memory one module at a time and try again.

You have a recovery disk you can try from there.
Using the command line try a scan disk for errors ?

Just a few to get you started.
Make sure you aint left a cd/dvd in the drive too.
You will only get blue screen once windows has started to boot. Get a genuine windows disk, boot into that and try repair console. If keyboard aint working try plugging in a USB keyboard and using that to get into BIOS.
If you keep tapping F8 while the computer loads, you'll 'sometimes' be able to access the repair menu

I say sometimes, because that's exactly what Microsoft said when Windows 8 first came out "It'll sometimes boot into the recovery options, sometimes it won't"

I seem to have better luck when the computer is loading up, holding the power button down and forcing a power off.
Many thanks for all your suggestions on the dreaded blue screen of death, as I've been out all day but I will give them all a try tomorrow 'Friday' and let you know how I get on.

I forgot about the 'Doc', thanks for reminding an oldie....grin... so if my tries don't work I will take it to him to sort it, as I'm sure he CAN, fingers crossed !!

Thanks again
Brian .
sorry I have been so long in writing about my Blue screen of death, this is far too advanced for me to handle, even though I followed all your ideas, maybe I'm too old eh ?...lol
Looks like I am going to have to put it into the Dr's place to get it fixed, Im going away for a few days so it will have to wait until I get back...

Thanks again for all your help guys.

Brian
Posted By: j_demo Re: Screen of death on Samsung running windows 8 - 25th Jun 2013 8:13pm
weirdly enough my gf's had this happen yesterday, a 4 month old samsung ultrabook loaded up on the BIOS screen but the keyboard wouldnt work so couldnt do anything, i took the HDD out and put it in my external hard drive case and plugged it into my W7 laptop to no avail, then i put her HDD into her sony vaio W7 laptop and nothing would even load up stayed on the command prompt screen, then her mate came over and we tried it in her laptop (W8) and again nothing. so gf phoned samsung who went through some basic checks and came back saying that they're gonna get a courier to pick it up this week and take it away for repair for free because it's still under warranty (good thing she bought it from John Lewis so if they say it cant be fixed or will cost, john lewis foot the bill)
samsung clearly either work splendidly well or not at all...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral