Forums
Posted By: julie253 ALTERNATIVE TO I-PHONE - 28th May 2013 5:43pm
Hi everyone. I have had an i-phone for the last few years for business use. My contract is due for renewal in a few weeks and as my i-phone has lost all my contacts twice in the last week - I'm losing confidence in it. Any recommendations? Bearing in mind that it would be in use constantly as my work is based on sales on the internet and also need constant access to my emails, and also need to be able to have 5 email addresses listed. Any ideas would be helpful?
Posted By: Smeeble Re: ALTERNATIVE TO I-PHONE - 28th May 2013 10:23pm
Galaxy S3 or even S4 depending on how much you want to spend. They do everything the iPhone does but more, doesn't restrict you, bigger screen and cost less.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: ALTERNATIVE TO I-PHONE - 30th May 2013 3:50pm
Or, go leftfield, Nokia lumia windows phone or htc one
Posted By: Mark Re: ALTERNATIVE TO I-PHONE - 31st May 2013 1:53pm
Note 2 is built for business smile
Amazing phone.

Printing download an app called print share and you can then print as easy as Apples Air Print. Or if you have an HP ready printer hp has its own free app. Or Samsung is built in for printing.

Its a big phone in your hand but after a couple of weeks its a best buy ever phone as you can multi task on one screen (run 2 apps).

Try YouTube for reviews you will be impressed.
Posted By: j_demo Re: ALTERNATIVE TO I-PHONE - 31st May 2013 2:39pm
i'd agree with the galaxy note or note2
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: ALTERNATIVE TO I-PHONE - 31st May 2013 6:59pm
Your iPhone is losing all contact due to needing an upgrade, it's happened to me twice this month, since I upgraded to the latest iOS it has been fine.

If you do decide to upgrade to another iPhone do Not get the iPhone 5 as they are very unreliable.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: ALTERNATIVE TO I-PHONE - 31st May 2013 8:04pm
Lg nexus 4 gets my vote. Very reasonably priced and is guaranteed updates which is usually an issue with android
Posted By: julie253 Re: ALTERNATIVE TO I-PHONE - 1st Jun 2013 3:37pm
Thanks everyone. Yes I am very reluctant to get an iphone 5 as I've heard a few people saying they aren't good.
Mark - I bit the bullet and bought an HP air printer the other month and its been great.
Still so undecided, maybe I need to actually go into the stores and try the phones themselves and have some demos. I'm not very technical and am so pleased the iphone is easy to use but I do need an alterantive.
Posted By: j_demo Re: ALTERNATIVE TO I-PHONE - 1st Jun 2013 7:15pm
if you like the iphone and the iphone 5 isn't what you want, could you not (wait for it)

get the iphone 5, BUT SELL IT..

then buy an ipad mini and have all your stuff on that, it's not big like the normal ipad, it's more pocket friendly i believe (haven't used one myself tbh) and you can link it to your phone via bluetooth/personal hotspot and use the internet as normal, you just have everything that's on your phone (contacts, apps, etc) also on your ipad for if your phone crashes... (my phone has never crashed on me or lost any data, i must be lucky or you must be unlucky)

i know it's a left-field school of thinking, but you should consider all options before making a choice...
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: ALTERNATIVE TO I-PHONE - 1st Jun 2013 7:40pm
Originally Posted by j_demo

Somewhere there is a screw loose..
Posted By: j_demo Re: ALTERNATIVE TO I-PHONE - 2nd Jun 2013 8:18pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
Originally Posted by j_demo

Somewhere there is a screw loose..

not at all, he said he didn't want the 5

so i created a solution.

it doesn't have to be the iphone5, just get the one that will retail the most on ebay or something...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral