Forums
Posted By: rocks eneloop batteries - 19th May 2013 3:57pm
last year i made a post asking which are the best rechargeable batteries for my camera and many people said eneloop come out tops so i paid about £16 for 8 off ebay and chose a UK dealer. i have to add iv been happy with the performance and i was looking at getting some AAA but im surprised to say that iv just discovered my eneloop AA batteries are fakes frown maybe you should check yours by reading this http://www.amazon.com/forum/rechargeable%20batteries/Tx9RMJQ5B93U1L
im now wondering if to risk paying good money again to end up with fakes or just go for cheap
Posted By: Sallybear Re: eneloop batteries - 19th May 2013 5:36pm
Hi Rocks, I was probably one of the ones praising these little batteries. My dad worked for a good few years for Sanyo and that's how we came across these. Yes there are many fakes out there, but normally you can spot them, when they fail to live up to expectations.

I don't know the details to hand but pretty sure they are no longer made by Sanyo. I would be happier getting someones old Sanyo Eneloops for sure. Need some more myself. Will keep my eye out for some genuine ones, thanks for the heads up.

ps: nothing but Eneloops work in my camera for more than a day. I can buy duracell M6 is it? but they don't last more than a day and they cost a fortune. I went for a week in Greece on a single pair of Eneloops and didn't change them once. I took over 200 pics and probably looked at them all on my camera a dozen times.
Posted By: Rambo Re: eneloop batteries - 19th May 2013 5:37pm
If you've had no problems with the ones you have, as I haven't, then I wouldn't worry if they were fake or not. I am more than happy with my Eneloop rechargeables and I would buy the same again, genuine or fake.
Posted By: rocks Re: eneloop batteries - 19th May 2013 6:27pm
the point is because they are fake they may not recharge the 1000 times like the real ones and they are also dangerous as they dont have a vent on them like the real ones, if id paid fake prices then it would have been my choice/risk but i didnt i paid top whack!!
Posted By: rocks Re: eneloop batteries - 19th May 2013 6:39pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear
Hi Rocks, I was probably one of the ones praising these little batteries. My dad worked for a good few years for Sanyo and that's how we came across these. Yes there are many fakes out there, but normally you can spot them, when they fail to live up to expectations.

I don't know the details to hand but pretty sure they are no longer made by Sanyo. I would be happier getting someones old Sanyo Eneloops for sure. Need some more myself. Will keep my eye out for some genuine ones, thanks for the heads up.

ps: nothing but Eneloops work in my camera for more than a day. I can buy duracell M6 is it? but they don't last more than a day and they cost a fortune. I went for a week in Greece on a single pair of Eneloops and didn't change them once. I took over 200 pics and probably looked at them all on my camera a dozen times.

when i got mine i then needed to buy a charger and i got an energizer one that came with 4AA batteries from home and bargain for £8 and im very happy with the energizer so you may want to try them yourself smile
Posted By: s7uajones Re: eneloop batteries - 20th May 2013 6:32am
Don't buy things like this off eBay, this is the reason why the high street is dying
Posted By: Zelig Re: eneloop batteries - 20th May 2013 11:48am
I also use re chargeable aa batteries in my camera. Uniross make pretty good batteries, but by far the best brand I have used are Ansmann digital 2850's. They are high power and keep their charge very well, unlike many of the other brands available. Haven't seen them available locally so got mine on Ebay i think. Recommended if your taking a lot of shots or recording video.
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: eneloop batteries - 21st May 2013 8:41pm
I don't think there is much you can get off eBay that isn't fake lol.

I use Xtar batteries for my torch at work, they are basically Sanyo and have never let me down in 3 years, they still last ages.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral