Forums
Posted By: silvertigra Laptop Battery or Mains lead? - 15th May 2013 10:33am
My laptop wont charge up anymore (feel like Ive lost an arm without it) and has now ran out of charge completely, but dont know if its the mains lead or the battery? is there any test that determines if the battery is knackered? its been a bit hit an miss for a few weeks now sometimes showing "plugged in but not charging" and I would take the battery out and put it back in then it would charge but even that not working now! I checked the drivers were up to date and put a new fuse in the plug dont know what else to do any ideas??
Posted By: TheDr Re: Laptop Battery or Mains lead? - 15th May 2013 10:40am
If you can take it into my place we can check the charger for you, see if its working properly. It could have blown or be a break in the wire that connects sometimes and not others.

Check the charging socket on the laptop as well, if that's loose you'll get an intermittent or no charge.
Posted By: silvertigra Re: Laptop Battery or Mains lead? - 15th May 2013 10:56am
Thanks Dr whats the name of your shop? is it some where in rock ferry?
Posted By: silvertigra Re: Laptop Battery or Mains lead? - 15th May 2013 11:27am
Its ok ive got the address of your profile do i need to ask for you and is there parking available? many thanks will pop over later hope i dont get lost!
Posted By: TheDr Re: Laptop Battery or Mains lead? - 15th May 2013 11:59am
Parking in front or side street, it's usually quite easy (since I moved most of my cars elsewhere)
Posted By: silvertigra Re: Laptop Battery or Mains lead? - 15th May 2013 12:14pm
oooh get you with all your cars! thanks just looking on map how to get there!
Posted By: silvertigra Re: Laptop Battery or Mains lead? - 15th May 2013 2:10pm
Laptop fixed = one happy bunny thanks to the Dr your a star! many thanks! will recommend you.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Laptop Battery or Mains lead? - 15th May 2013 3:19pm
Originally Posted by silvertigra
Laptop fixed = one happy bunny thanks to the Dr your a star! many thanks! will recommend you.

Glad to help.

Nice to meet you too smile
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: Laptop Battery or Mains lead? - 21st May 2013 8:56pm
Nice to see your problem sorted. I had a strange problem that seems to have fixed itself, the laptop was saying it was fully charged, yet the minute I unplugged it to run on battery it would just immediately switch off even though the battery was fully charged, the day before yesterday it worked on battery for 3 hours and has been ok since.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral