Forums
Posted By: organiser how do I load internet on to second laptop - 6th May 2013 2:58pm
I bought an advent lap top for my wife at a car boot sale yesterday..I have loaded Microsoft works 8, but here is nothing else on ..operating system is XP.....it is an advent 7094...my own laptop has BT internet from my home phone....can my wife also use my internet on her laptop and if so how please...many thanks
Posted By: j_demo Re: how do I load internet on to second laptop - 6th May 2013 5:49pm
1. does your laptop have a wired or wireless connection

if wireless, yes she can, if wired, it may be difficult.
please excuse my stupidity...how do I found out if it has wireless or not...sorry to be so thick
Posted By: j_demo Re: how do I load internet on to second laptop - 6th May 2013 7:43pm
basically do you need to plug it in to anything but a power cable to connect to the internet?

do you have a modem that you have to enter a pin/code for to connect it to the computer?
I have a connection to the back of my computer from the telephone line, but while I have been trying to load from the BT disc the my wifes computer tells me I need to have cables attached to her laptop
when you click the start button on your laptop to get your programs up there should be "connect to" option, click on that and you will get a few options ie your neighbours internet. click on the one which is yours and it will ask for a password,this should be on your router put it in and you connect wirelessly.
Posted By: organiser Re: how do I load internet on to second laptop - 7th May 2013 11:08am
Thank you all very much...sorted !!!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral