Forums
Posted By: Kieran1981 Linkbucks? - 25th Apr 2013 4:38am
This stupid thing keeps coming up every so often and I have to wait 7 seconds to skip it. I get the problem on Firefox on windows and Chrome on android. Clearing the browser history helps, but not for long. It must be a site I visit that am getting it from. I go on Tagged, Facebook, YouTube, Yahoo mail, BBC news, Sky News, Open University, XDA Developers, Tesco, Halifax and here. One of them is the culprit. I suspect Tagged but am not sure. Adblocker on Firefox doesn't stop it, and there isn't really any proper ad blockers for Chrome on android. Anyone got any idea?
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Linkbucks? - 25th Apr 2013 6:02am
Linkbucks redirect (or LinkBucks virus ) is a browser hijacker that causes your searches redirected through Linkbucks system to other websites. Typically if you click on any search result in Google page you are redirected through this system to irrelevant website. You get annoyed, and malware creators make money from that. This classifies the Linkbucks redirect as browser hijacker.

You should not blame LinkBucks.com itself. It is an advertisement network displaying ads around the page or showing splash screen with ads in between pages. This system is legitimate, though they should do more to prevent people misusing them. The malware generates fake LinkBucks links to show advertisements for you and thus earn money.

Typically, you get such infections because your PC was infected with Trojan or Worm parasite. Parasites evolve each day, and Trojan causing Linkbucks redirect might be undetected by your antivirus. Quite often redirects are not the only purpose of such parasites, thus you should not hesitate and remove Linkbucks redirect till it gets worse.

The real parasite behind Linkbucks virus might differ and requires PC scan with anti-malware program like Spyhunter or Hitman Pro. Such programs determine the exact parasite and help remove the redirect symptoms. It can be caused by:

Trojan / Rootkit infection.
Malicious plugin type of redirects, in some cases affecting single browser only
Proxy server, router or similar infections affecting the whole network.
Additionally, some malware configures your PC to cause redirects like LinkBucks ones. For full walk through visit our Google redirect removal guide. click here to show you how to remove smile
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: Linkbucks? - 25th Apr 2013 6:09am
Am fairly confident this will get shut of it.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
Download latest version (top right)
Posted By: Kieran1981 Re: Linkbucks? - 28th Apr 2013 8:46pm
Thanks all, problem solved. Did a new windows 7 install twice and this mysterious problem came back within a few minutes of surfing the net. Reset my android phone a few times and it also came back on that after a while, even though I only visited sites like BBC and Facebook. The problem was the router. Thanks eddtheduck. Reset it and 24 hours later, no linkbucks.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral