Forums
Posted By: Sandra43 Freeview Signal Problem - 16th Apr 2013 9:03pm
I haver a 37" tv with freeview inside. I have been having problems with signal. BBC channels are strong signal but ITV, Channel 4, CH 5 etc is very weak and could be sitting here looking at a blank screen as there is no signal on these especially from 8pm - it can come and go every few minutes. I have re-tuned a few times but still doing it. I am working off a comunial aerial (aerial socket coming from wall) because i cant have a aerial on my house because there is a large block of flats in front of me. So the aerial is at end house. All others have sky or virgin. I dont really want the cost of that if i can help it. Is there anything i can do about it. Do i need to report it to landlord. I dont know if it is the aerial.
Posted By: eddie64 Re: Freeview Signal Problem - 17th Apr 2013 6:08am
could be a weak tuner in the telly,you could get a free sat box and hook it up if people have got sky in your block you should have a communial dish.i can check it with my aerial meter if you want plus do a tone test on coax,just pm and we can sort something out.
Posted By: delta6 Re: Freeview Signal Problem - 17th Apr 2013 7:09am
been happening to me too over the past few days.
Posted By: Sandra43 Re: Freeview Signal Problem - 17th Apr 2013 7:24am
Eddie64 Have sent you a PM
Posted By: Dilly Re: Freeview Signal Problem - 17th Apr 2013 7:27am
Mine does it on Bbc 1 and 2, can be working fine when first on then comes up poor signal, had a new aerial fitted about 2 years ago, don't think it has been right since.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Freeview Signal Problem - 17th Apr 2013 9:51am
Usually in the settings there is an option to call up information on signal strength. What are the figures?
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Freeview Signal Problem - 18th Apr 2013 7:36am
Sorry to hi-jack this post, the last couple of days our signal has gone from 99% to anywhere between 0% and 50%. When we re-tune we only get about 30 channels and then when watching they are constantly losing signal.

Could this be due to the upgrade they have recently been doing or due to the high winds?

Can anyone recommend a good company that will come out and look at it and provide a free quote if there is an issue?

Thanks.
Posted By: Wally1 Re: Freeview Signal Problem - 18th Apr 2013 11:16am
The recent retune at Winter Hill transmitter means you had to retune for Freeview reception of BBC1 BBC2 and a few others.

Our main TV was ok with an auto retune - it got all Winter Hill
stations correctly however our other TVs (even though on the same
communal aerial) needed manual retuning otherwise the Welsh BBC1
&2 S4C etc. took over.

I had to look on the internet to get the right new channel numbers, then do a "new installation" to clear the tuners memory, then manually install CHs 50 upward.

All this to free up more frequencies for 4G mobile phones.

I think they should consider the problems this causes for lots
of people who are not able to sort their TV's out. I had to
retune the TVs of two other families in our block, otherwise
they would have had to call in an engineer.
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Freeview Signal Problem - 18th Apr 2013 4:38pm
Ok so we have tried full re-tune also tried the manual tune and still no BBC channels. When we try to manually install from 50 upwards it says we have no signal strength at all.

Anymore ideas?
Posted By: beanie65 Re: Freeview Signal Problem - 18th Apr 2013 5:21pm
Hi, I had the same problem with mine so I fitted a signal booster and it's been great ever since.
It plugs in to a mains socket and you plug your Arial into the in socket and your tv in the out socket.
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Freeview Signal Problem - 18th Apr 2013 5:24pm
Yup already got one of them smile The problems only started since we had to re-tune when Winter Hill did their work
Posted By: Finney Re: Freeview Signal Problem - 21st Apr 2013 2:40pm
I have retuned my TV and it works fine, until I switch it off then back on again and I loose the itv channels, have tried a different TV and it saves the itv channels but looses the BBC ones, but im able to get BBC wales?????
The aerial is feeding two other TV's via a signal booster and the other TV's are working fine. Any ideas??????
Posted By: ChrisJ Re: Freeview Signal Problem - 21st Apr 2013 4:12pm
The stations vanished last Saturday on my wifes TV in the kitchen, I told her I'd have to re tune it as the stations had being moved etc and they might not be in the same order as she's used to.
So I re tuned it after it had found all channels it promted us for our region I choose Granada and it put them in the order English first etc...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral