Forums
Posted By: anniebo28 Need a website building for new business - 16th Apr 2013 5:30pm
As above. Im in the process of setting up a new business and need a website building. I've had a quote that was stupidly expensive (3k) so I'm wondering if anyone know anyone on here or if anyone can do it?
Posted By: turnip Re: Need a website building for new business - 16th Apr 2013 6:07pm
What features does it need?
Posted By: anniebo28 Re: Need a website building for new business - 16th Apr 2013 6:15pm
The normal business pages, about us, contact ect.... Also needs a case studies page and a log in area for customers to have access to reports written for them. There id a company called aerotherm in stoke, I'm looking for a dite similar to theirs. I'll post the address now.
Posted By: anniebo28 Re: Need a website building for new business - 16th Apr 2013 6:16pm
http://www.aerotherm.co.uk/
Posted By: turnip Re: Need a website building for new business - 16th Apr 2013 6:18pm
Does each member need their own individual log in? As in will there be documents specifically for each member?
Posted By: venice Re: Need a website building for new business - 16th Apr 2013 6:25pm
My friend reckons this person is good and reasonably priced. http://wildelycreative.com/

Posted By: kamikazi Re: Need a website building for new business - 16th Apr 2013 6:37pm
I,ve seen them 10 times that price.

Like above, whats does it need to do? Work out your functionality, develop your copy, if your have a logo or a set of branding guidelines then it can save you a lot of time. I did mine last year in Wordpress.(open source so the software is free) 123 reg offer an inhouse proprietary web build that anyone can use.

There are a number of cheaper developers in the region that will do it for significantly less than your quote, but you generally get what you pay for. Talk to Wirral Invest (Nice people) for a list of good local suppliers.

K
Posted By: tonyh Re: Need a website building for new business - 16th Apr 2013 6:44pm
try these people http://www.jkdesignservices.co.uk they've done a couple for me and they are really helpful
Posted By: dodie Re: Need a website building for new business - 16th Apr 2013 6:46pm
I sent you a pm earlier
Hi mate.

Would u do it yourself are you remotely technical? I can push u in the right direction?
i know a lad who could do it no problem (he really is amazing at what he does) but when i asked him a price for a friend he quoted a grand.
Posted By: anniebo28 Re: Need a website building for new business - 16th Apr 2013 7:42pm
Thanks for the replys guys!
Right, I'll try and work through all the questions.
Yes, each customer will need their own log in area, the area will be to store quotes, reports, drawings ect....
Yes I could have a go myself but im no good with database websites, mysql I think it uses?
I got your PM dodie, thanks mate!
The people you have all told me about, I will ring tomorrow.
I know you get what you pay for but 3k+ for a site when starting up is a huge chunk out of my budget. I will need to have logos ect designed and that will cost a lot too so I want to keep the price as cheap as possible.
Posted By: turnip Re: Need a website building for new business - 16th Apr 2013 8:01pm
let me know if you need a graphic designer too as my mate is one, he's just about to graduate from a graphic design course. He designed the logo for my company.
Posted By: s7uajones Re: Need a website building for new business - 16th Apr 2013 8:19pm
Yell now called hibu have an offer on at the moment all of April
£25 a month there was a £150 set up fee but they wave that, and the say there SEO are second to non
I am giving them a try even tho I have 3 websites all pointing to the same buisines
Can't go wrong at that price if what they say is true and it's pay as you go so you can see how you get on
I have always built my own websites as I like to be in control but the SEO thing is a nightmare to suss out
I pay google at the mo @£2per click so if this works out I'm quids in
I hope this helps
Posted By: Butler1233 Re: Need a website building for new business - 17th Apr 2013 9:12pm
I'm actually a web developer. I'm starting up so getting some work would be great. I'm currently building 3 websites right now, but If you're interested, I could help you within a few weeks. I would probably do it for about £500-£600, including a year of free hosting on my own server.

PM If you're interested.
Posted By: DaveR Re: Need a website building for new business - 3rd Aug 2013 5:05pm
Try Edward (Ed) Lamb, Dupe Creative Ltd, Wirral. Very talented!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral