Forums
Posted By: Elizabeth Unocking an iphone - 2nd Apr 2013 12:47am
My husband arrived in UK today. While he was still here in USA he had his iphone unlocked so it could take a sim card in Uk and work there instead. Not sure where he went today to get the sim but whoever helped him said that it wasn't unlocked. Anyone know where he can take it and get it done or is it something that would need to be done over here in US?
I'm really bad at understanding how these things work so be gentle with me please smile
Posted By: TheDr Re: Unocking an iphone - 2nd Apr 2013 1:17am
Hi, normally I would say that you're probably stuck, but a few things to try/ask.

When was the unlock done ?
If it was very recently it might not have actually gone through yet, so it might not be unlocked for a week or two.

Did they mention JailBreak ?
This is not a true unlock, so if it was Apple that checked their system it would still show as locked.

Who was it originally locked to ?
If it was AT&T (most common in the USA) I can get that unlocked for you, but it does take up to a couple of weeks to go through (I don't need to keep the phone for all that time).

Just in case the Unlock wasn't complete in the USA tell him to put a UK SIM card in and connect the phone to iTunes, if the unlock is real and has been processed by Apple this should unlock the phone.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Unocking an iphone - 2nd Apr 2013 2:00am
Originally Posted by TheDr
Hi, normally I would say that you're probably stuck, but a few things to try/ask.

When was the unlock done ?
If it was very recently it might not have actually gone through yet, so it might not be unlocked for a week or two.

Did they mention JailBreak ?
This is not a true unlock, so if it was Apple that checked their system it would still show as locked.

Who was it originally locked to ?
If it was AT&T (most common in the USA) I can get that unlocked for you, but it does take up to a couple of weeks to go through (I don't need to keep the phone for all that time).

Just in case the Unlock wasn't complete in the USA tell him to put a UK SIM card in and connect the phone to iTunes, if the unlock is real and has been processed by Apple this should unlock the phone.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Dr, I will copy and paste this info and email it to him. It was locked to AT&T yes and I believe it was allegedly unlocked maybe only about a week ago.
Anyway I'll send him your advice and let you know what happens,
Thank you very much smile
Posted By: movingtables Re: Unocking an iphone - 2nd Apr 2013 10:17pm
Liz is your hubby called geoff ?
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Unocking an iphone - 2nd Apr 2013 11:54pm
Originally Posted by movingtables

No, but if Geoff's really handsome and very rich I might consider ditching the one I have and marrying Geoff instead smile

(why do you ask?)
Posted By: movingtables Re: Unocking an iphone - 3rd Apr 2013 8:55pm
Originally Posted by Elizabeth

No, but if Geoff's really handsome and very rich I might consider ditching the one I have and marrying Geoff instead smile

(why do you ask?)

lol!. it was a long shot and the person i thought you may be lives in Canada and her husband was over here attending a funeral
and he's had problems with his phone.
Posted By: movingtables Re: Unocking an iphone - 5th Apr 2013 9:04am
Originally Posted by Elizabeth

(why do you ask?)

lol!. it was a long shot and the person i thought you may be lives in Canada and her husband was over here attending a funeral
and he's had problems with his phone.

also forgot to say her name was liz from brombough.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral