Forums
Posted By: Little_B freeview box harddrive not showing on pc - 18th Feb 2013 10:28pm
Hi all just wondering if anyone can help me I have a freeveiw box that can record tv that has a 320g sata hard drive inside my girlfreind has managed to nearly fill this with mostly soups and so we need to clear it the problem is there is some stuff we do want to keep so I removed the harddrive and attached it to my pc (because the box itself is incredibly slow at deleting) and the drive does not show up on the my comp screen but its on the bios and in the hardware list. Thanks in advance
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: freeview box harddrive not showing on pc - 18th Feb 2013 10:41pm
Hi, its the way its formatted, wont show on pc. You will have to do it in the freeview box. cheers
Posted By: Little_B Re: freeview box harddrive not showing on pc - 18th Feb 2013 10:52pm
Originally Posted by ZipperClub
Hi, its the way its formatted, wont show on pc. You will have to do it in the freeview box. cheers

Gutted ow well thanks for the reply mate
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: freeview box harddrive not showing on pc - 18th Feb 2013 10:57pm
Windows 7 will let you format the drive once you connect it, but you will lose the data that stored on it, and your digital recorder is likely to not recognize it afterwards.

right click on Computer, go to manage-->disk management, it should show up there. You can delete the existing partitions on it and re-partition and format to ntfs
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: freeview box harddrive not showing on pc - 18th Feb 2013 11:28pm
At least my way you will keep the programes you want

Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: freeview box harddrive not showing on pc - 19th Feb 2013 8:36am
Try using it in Linux, it may be recognised.
Posted By: Mark Re: freeview box harddrive not showing on pc - 19th Feb 2013 9:26am
Does it not have a Export to USB / External drive option ?
(Not all systems have this).

Your not going to get anywhere with windows, that i'm aware of.
Posted By: Little_B Re: freeview box harddrive not showing on pc - 19th Feb 2013 9:47am
Thanks for all the reply's I think its just gona be easier to factory reset the box an loose everythin oh weLl
Posted By: Stingray Re: freeview box harddrive not showing on pc - 19th Feb 2013 11:20am
There's your problem right there, It's full of soups! you can't store foodstuffs on a hard drive, a kitchen cupboard is probably the answer.
Posted By: Mally Re: freeview box harddrive not showing on pc - 19th Feb 2013 10:35pm
raftl
Posted By: catlover Re: freeview box harddrive not showing on pc - 20th Feb 2013 8:42am
GT......might be an idea to check punctuation when posting...looks like your girlfriend might be uncomfortable with the hard drive!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: freeview box harddrive not showing on pc - 20th Feb 2013 9:51am
Originally Posted by catlover
GT......might be an idea to check punctuation when posting...looks like your girlfriend might be uncomfortable with the hard drive!!!!!!!!!!!
I think she would rather have a hard drive than a floppy disk.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral