Forums
Posted By: bazzoh Help installing a dual boot or a virtual machine - 5th Feb 2013 5:02pm
Hi!
As above - basically trying to install diagbox but for some reason, everytime I try it, it goes wrong! So if anyone is free to come and have a cup of tea and a biscuit and show me where I'm going wrong , I'd be grateful!
Ta!
Why don't you try Oracle VM VirtualBox? It's easy to install and use as a virtual machine.
Tried that, as soon as I start it, it knocks the Internet connection off? I'm running windows 7 with Xp by the way
VMware Workstation is my program of choice for stuff like that, it has never failed me.
What is it your wanting to achieve ?

If your running win 7 then you can also run xp from within win 7

windows VM

Ive used Virtual Box too. There box good.

There are limitations to the Win 7 xp

but if you can let us know what your wanting out of it.
Then we can be more help and give you better advice.
ok, Im running windows 7 and need xp for car diagnostics programmes (peugeot planet, diagbox etc) ive installed oracle with xp running inside it. when i start oracle, my internet connection is instantly cut off. I added a partition to my hard drive and installed xp on that. when i go into xp on the partition, there is no wireless connection option available. Ive tried installing the drivers etc but it still doesnt seem to work. Ill try evilcycles suggestion first and see what happens.
You have to Enable Devices in Oracle
i cant remember off the top of my head how.
But that's why your not seeing any wifi.

You will have a internet connection out the box with VM (XP Inside Win 7)
thanks mark - ill have a play around
Do you have Virtual Box Oracle installed ?

Will send you a pm
ive unistalled it now - just downloading vmware from a certaiin bay site!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral