Forums
Posted By: ponytail Phone deals - 11th Jan 2013 9:09am
I will be upgrading my phone soon and wondered if anyone can advise or comment on any deals they had recently. I am on Orange but not committed. Mainly need phone for calls, some texting, photos, some music and def need wi-fi, also use Windows 8 so something there I suppose. Not important to have touchscreen. Anyone had any real good bargains?
Posted By: Mark Re: Phone deals - 11th Jan 2013 9:26am
Well if your Hooked on Windows 8 then a Windows 8 Phone would do all of the above. Be aware that the latest models are True Windows 8 Phones and if i remember correctly windows 7.5 Phones could upgrade to windows 8.

Samsung have new models coming out in March April so they say so the Galaxy s4 may just get a look in.

Windows 8 Computers can Sync with Windows 8 Phones.
Not seen this yet but the ads implied you shake your phone and it syncs with your pc.

Then some one says "Turn the Computer on" lol

Its really down to personal choice. I dont see phone prices changing that much from release date.

Good Luck
Posted By: silvertigra Re: Phone deals - 11th Jan 2013 9:29am
Ive just upgraded to a galaxy 3 mini in white, really pleased with it from virgin and if your a virgin customer you get a discount.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Phone deals - 11th Jan 2013 9:44am
t-mob have a package whereby you get 2000 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited internet (and i mean *unlimited*, i've tested it to the max) and unlimited calls to other tmobile/orange/EE customers.

£26 a month with a choice of phones, i got an iphone4 on the deal but there's samsung galaxy somethingorothers and windows phones on the deal too
Posted By: delta6 Re: Phone deals - 11th Jan 2013 10:32am
ive got a lumia 800 windows phone.
spot on it is.
try buymobilephones.net
free phone, good rates and free gift or cash back depending on your phone selection.
used these for 4 years and no probs.
all my family and friends use them too.
Posted By: plot21 Re: Phone deals - 11th Jan 2013 11:44am
Originally Posted by ponytail
Mainly need phone for calls, some texting, photos/quote]
[quote=ponytail] Anyone had any real good bargains?

Without knowing roughly how many call minutes or texts you use a month it would hard for anybody to suggest what might be a good bargain for you.

Posted By: ponytail Re: Phone deals - 21st Jan 2013 6:23pm
I don't make many calls or text much as I only need it for keeping in touch with people. I mainly use email and facebook. I thought about the Lumia 600, Xperia - decent phone with photo/music on it. Wi-fi enabled, pay-as-you-go, unlocked.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Phone deals - 23rd Jan 2013 1:01pm
Orange San Diego. Was originally £199, now £99 while stocks last. Its not listed on-line but local stores still have a few in.

You can get £20 off if you're a public sector worker and if you're an Orange customer your phone fund can get even more off.

And it comes with a boxed set of WESC Bass headphones, supposedly worth upto £90 but only fetching around a tenner on Ebay!

© Wirral-Wikiwirral