Forums
Posted By: lauren_lfc89 Samsung s2. Need it unlocking - 9th Jan 2013 6:08pm
I have just bought a samsung s2 on t-mobile, im or orange so was hoping it would be fine, but its not.

Were is the best place to get it unlocked?
What am i looking at paying?

Thanks
Posted By: dizdazdoz Re: Samsung s2. Need it unlocking - 9th Jan 2013 6:14pm
Contact member on here called The DR, normally see him in the digital area, pretty sure his shop does that and would guess around
£5-£10
Posted By: Mark Re: Samsung s2. Need it unlocking - 9th Jan 2013 8:58pm
It can be done by rooting your phone and downloading the app from Google store.

Be aware Rooting your Phone can invalidate any warranty you have.
Posted By: lauren_lfc89 Re: Samsung s2. Need it unlocking - 9th Jan 2013 9:23pm
How easy is that to do? Can it cause problems for the phone?
Posted By: TheDr Re: Samsung s2. Need it unlocking - 10th Jan 2013 1:02am
The rooting itself isn't too difficult, you need to download the file, save it to an SD card, put the SD card into the phone then reboot the phone into boot loader mode and choose to load from the SD card.

Pretty much the phone does the rest.

Then you need to download the app from Google store and allow it to unlock the phone.

As above, warranty is out of the window if they find out.

If you use a shop to do it, and they do it properly, they will have a box that plugs into your phone to read part of a software file, this would then be sent to a server which calculates the code and returns it to the phone. It's not hugely difficult to do but sometimes the phone needs to be reflashed (new software loaded, so make sure you have a copy of all of your pictures/contacts etc) and it should take a couple of hours.
Posted By: devilwoman Re: Samsung s2. Need it unlocking - 10th Jan 2013 6:26am
sorry off topic i know but please Dr answer your pms and texts thanks.
Posted By: Argo_uk Re: Samsung s2. Need it unlocking - 26th Apr 2013 9:21am
Just root it, its free an not normally hard to fix if you soft brick it or, take it to a shop as the dr said they'd use a ns pro box or other Samsung unlock box
© Wirral-Wikiwirral