Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Any tips on a good sat nav - 27th Dec 2012 11:08pm
Any one got any recomendations for sat navs.

I have always had tomtoms, but having so many problems with there customer services, just there attitude i dont like, i send them email asking question, and they replie with a answer for a question i never even asked them.

Am after one with only uk map, i dont want europe maps.
Also one with bluetooth handsfree
All so one with big screen, and voice control.

Went to halfords today and after 2 mins of speaking to one of the idiot staff in there, i walked out.

The sat nav i asked them about has it listed as being handsfree voice control and bluetooth, ( now i know for a fact it has not got either) so i said if i buy it and it has not got what they are saying it has got, can i bring back for refund, there answer was sat navs are excluded from refunds.

I'd like to see that one stand up in court.
Posted By: Mark Re: Any tips on a good sat nav - 27th Dec 2012 11:27pm
Garmin Neuvi (can't remember the spelling) have been good for over distance with live updates.

I use my galaxy s2 for my sat nav
It can lock up now and then, but hey ho cheaper than a stander lone unit.

Posted By: Willo_ Re: Any tips on a good sat nav - 27th Dec 2012 11:32pm
I have been looking at the garmins i like this one http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4970325.htm

cheaper here but that dam shop halfrauds
Posted By: Mark Re: Any tips on a good sat nav - 27th Dec 2012 11:51pm
Yes there the ones.

Arrival times are spot on.
Free lifetime maps.

If you get someone to give you a guided tour you may just like it more than your tom tom. I did.
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Any tips on a good sat nav - 28th Dec 2012 12:14am
I use a basic Garmin Neuvi and update cameras on computer. Always served me well.
Posted By: SilentReader Re: Any tips on a good sat nav - 28th Dec 2012 10:03am
I used to use Navman had the S90 but for the last 3 years I've had 2 andriod phones so i've been using google nav and maps, it's totally brilliant
Posted By: sean99789 Re: Any tips on a good sat nav - 28th Dec 2012 12:21pm
Originally Posted by BurgerChips

I have always had tomtoms, but having so many problems with there customer services, just there attitude i dont like, i send them email asking question, and they replie with a answer for a question i never even asked them.

Went to halfords today and after 2 mins of speaking to one of the idiot staff in there, i walked out.

The sat nav i asked them about has it listed as being handsfree voice control and bluetooth, ( now i know for a fact it has not got either) so i said if i buy it and it has not got what they are saying it has got, can i bring back for refund, there answer was sat navs are excluded from refunds.

You don't seem to have a great time with companies customer service departments do you ?

As for calling staff idiots is that not out of order ( how would you like to be called an idiot? )

And why would you buy something if you now it's not what you want?

Posted By: turnip Re: Any tips on a good sat nav - 28th Dec 2012 12:53pm
Originally Posted by sean99789

You don't seem to have a great time with companies customer service departments do you ?

As for calling staff idiots is that not out of order ( how would you like to be called an idiot? )

And why would you buy something if you now it's not what you want?

I always found that those people who had a bad time with customer service actually had a very bad attitude and were extremely rude. Those people who treat the staff like they're people get better service.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Any tips on a good sat nav - 28th Dec 2012 1:30pm
So your saying all customer services in all companies are great and all do there job correct, and if any thing goes wrong its the customers fault.

And you would be quiet happy for staff in shop to say to you yes this product has got what you want.

You buy it take it home and notice it hasent got what you wanted even tho sales assistant says it had.

You go back to shop, and are told sorry you can not return it its exempt from returns.

This is acceptable to you is it?
Posted By: chriskay Re: Any tips on a good sat nav - 28th Dec 2012 1:40pm
So your saying all customer services in all companies are great and all do there job correct, and if any thing goes wrong its the customers fault.

And you would be quiet happy for staff in shop to say to you yes this product has got what you want.

You buy it take it home and notice it hasent got what you wanted even tho sales assistant says it had.

You go back to shop, and are told sorry you can not return it its exempt from returns.

No, not at all acceptable, but I find that treating serving or service staff with respect usually generates a good response.
Posted By: turnip Re: Any tips on a good sat nav - 28th Dec 2012 1:44pm
Originally Posted by chriskay

No, not at all acceptable, but I find that treating serving or service staff with respect usually generates a good response.

Amen to that.
Posted By: plot21 Re: Any tips on a good sat nav - 3rd Jan 2013 1:03pm
Originally Posted by SilentReader
I used to use Navman had the S90 but for the last 3 years I've had 2 andriod phones so i've been using google nav and maps, it's totally brilliant

I agree that the Google maps on Android phones are brilliant, and for 99% of the time are as good as a standalone satnav. Big drawback is that the maps aren't stored on the device but downloaded from Google server's over 3G. Potentially large bills if going over data allowance (especially if used abroad), but worse still is when your phone decides to announce it hasn't got a data connection so it can't navigate off the Scottish moors you've just been directed onto.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Any tips on a good sat nav - 3rd Jan 2013 1:09pm
I take back what i said about tomtom customer services.

I bought This One and tomtom has added 2yrs of live services on top of 12 mths free on my account.

Just got new update on this today and now i can speak to satnav tekk it where i want to go and it does it, the only thing am not happy about is the bluetooth will not auto connect to my phone.
But i can live with that.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Any tips on a good sat nav - 3rd Jan 2013 1:27pm
burger stick to tom tom mate,Ive had one since they came out you just can't beat them for ease of use over the years ive had about 6
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Any tips on a good sat nav - 3rd Jan 2013 1:33pm
the only thing am not happy about is the bluetooth will not auto connect to my phone.
But i can live with that.

Had you of bought an iPhone it would of been fine.

Oh, my iPhone has tomtom built in, never let me down smile

[Linked Image]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral