Forums
Posted By: Buffalo82 cracked ipad2 screen - 18th Dec 2012 8:47pm
hi i was just wondring if anyone can help ive dropped my ipad 2 and the screen has cracked on it, does anyone no anywere local that i can get it repaired? thanks
Posted By: Willo_ Re: cracked ipad2 screen - 18th Dec 2012 8:55pm
try this man, he is local, only in beechwood http://www.mobilephones2u.co.uk/

or starlight mobiles in birkenhead indoor market http://www.starlightmobiles.com/
Posted By: Buffalo82 Re: cracked ipad2 screen - 18th Dec 2012 10:34pm
Thanks for that will try tomorrow
Posted By: angie Re: cracked ipad2 screen - 19th Dec 2012 5:23pm
How old is it,my sons was under 12months old an i was goin to put it into starlight but i rang apple first and they repaired it free of charge .
Posted By: Henderson13 Re: cracked ipad2 screen - 21st Dec 2012 9:47am
I read this yesterday and thought I would be gutted if I broke my Ipad... Then last night my work bag wasn't closed properly and when I flung it on my shoulder my ipad flies out and cracks the screen... I have only had it for amonth so will phone apple...

Other than that does anyone know, how much it would cost to replace the screen....
Posted By: Henderson13 Re: cracked ipad2 screen - 21st Dec 2012 11:28am
Apple want £200 maximum to fix it.. Cannot afford that, this close to Xmas!
Posted By: CustomIce Re: cracked ipad2 screen - 21st Dec 2012 12:06pm
I've done a number of iPhones, and i wold be up for fixing an iPad, won't be £200 either. PM me for details.
Posted By: TheDr Re: cracked ipad2 screen - 21st Dec 2012 12:48pm
Hi

If its just the Digitizer (the part you touch) it'll be around £80, maybe a bit less. If the screen itself is broken as well then you're looking at about £120, again, maybe a few pounds less.

Still waiting for stock to be returned, so I'd have to get the parts for you on Sunday if you want it doing.
Posted By: Henderson13 Re: cracked ipad2 screen - 21st Dec 2012 3:15pm
Its just the digitizer, the actual screen its self is fine not dead pixles or anything. Just to clarify the digitizer is the glass pane on front of it?
Posted By: CustomIce Re: cracked ipad2 screen - 21st Dec 2012 4:23pm
The digitizer is the glass in front of the display itelf, which is also comprised of the touch detection sheet. Sounds like the right kind of price from the Dr there.
Posted By: Henderson13 Re: cracked ipad2 screen - 21st Dec 2012 5:08pm
The Dr... Just tried to PM you but you are over the limit.

Cheers
Posted By: TheDr Re: cracked ipad2 screen - 21st Dec 2012 6:48pm
Sorry, lots of messages to work through, just cleared a few.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral