Forums
Posted By: ianyam Advent Laptop Sound/Speakers - 17th Dec 2012 8:54pm
Hi all, for some reason my laptop speakers have started to crackle and muffle, I have plugged in my headphones and the sound is fine through them, I have also checked the drivers are up to date, been into the control panel and the sound settings looks good. Any help would be great, thanks, Ian.
Posted By: Andrew1980 Re: Advent Laptop Sound/Speakers - 17th Dec 2012 9:41pm
sounds like a possibility of the speakers blowing is it from both of them or just the one the muffling is coming from???
Posted By: j_demo Re: Advent Laptop Sound/Speakers - 17th Dec 2012 10:29pm
yeh sounds like the speakers are f**ked
Posted By: ianyam Re: Advent Laptop Sound/Speakers - 17th Dec 2012 10:46pm
Yes, my thoughts too, left speaker nothing, right speaker crackley and muffled. Thanks for your help.
Posted By: Mark Re: Advent Laptop Sound/Speakers - 17th Dec 2012 10:55pm
If it has only just happened between yesterday and today, try a system restore, that should put software and settings back to a working time.

If there is no change then it's probably hardware, or a solder coming loose internally.

You could be covered if you have a warranty?
Failing that buy yourself Bluebooth speakers there about £10 ~ ish = no wires.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Advent Laptop Sound/Speakers - 18th Dec 2012 8:33am
I had an advent and it did the same thing. The speakers tear and crackle.
Posted By: bromatt Re: Advent Laptop Sound/Speakers - 18th Dec 2012 10:21am
Might be just as simple as there being alot of muck and dust around the driver. If you can strip it down and have a look, if not perhaps a few blasts with a air can might solve it.

Matt
Posted By: ianyam Re: Advent Laptop Sound/Speakers - 18th Dec 2012 8:32pm
Tried the system restore, no different, I'm not going to mess with it so it will have to go in to the computer sick bay shop, lol. Thanks for all the help, Ian.
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Advent Laptop Sound/Speakers - 21st Dec 2012 12:14pm
I've worked as a pro audio service engineer for along time, this sounds like either duff drivers (speaker cones not software!) or dodgy minijack/wiring. If you want it tested i can do that for you, or if yo have a few bits and bobs lying around such as an ipod there are ways to test them.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral