Forums

Issue Details

My HTPC was working great on XPsp3 and had no issues with video etc. I needed extra USB ports so I bought an extender that attaches straight onto the internal USB ports as I didnt have a spare PCI. In order to get to the USB ports, I removed my WIFI card.

Thats when the issues started. I had an error pop up when i rebooted and it said catalyst drivers were corrupted. So I uninstalled them and rebooted.

On reboot, I had no video through either HDMI or DVI at any point. No bios, no post screen, no windows logo. The computer is booting normally because the windows chime comes on via my PC speakers, there is no video at all. I figured it could be the new hardware additions, so i removed them but still no video.

I hooked up a VGA monitor and got a picture so reinstalled the Catalyst drivers and still no video via hdmi.

Formatted the hard disk, reinstalled windows. Still no video.

When I plug in the HDMI lead the TV switches to HDMI so it recognises that a hdmi lead is in there, its just a black screen.

I went into catalyst using VGA and it doesnt recognise the TV. I have a brand new DVI to HDMI lead that I used and that didnt work either, although it works fine on my other computer.

Im at my wits end with this and im tempted to buy another card to put in it so I can use it again.

Any advice would be great.

Motherboard or System Make & Model

-Asus cant remember the model but ends in M (Sorry!)

Power Supply

Antec Fusion PSU

Display Device(s) and Connection(s) Used

Generic LCD HDTV, been used with this computer many times before.

Hardware:

2 x 1tb WD HDD
2gb Crucial Ram
IMON Blue VFD + Remote

Additional Details

Antec case.
Is the graphics card on board or pci-e? Sounds like pci express, try this. Go in to bios reset to factory defaults, disable on board save and reboot, next I would try and take the graphics card out and reseat it, may be a bad connection.

Good luck
As above.
The BIOS is looking for the PCI Card First.
You need to say use Motherboard for graphics first.

Restore to defaults is the easiest way if your not sure where that setting could be. After Saving Factory Defaults make sure it reboots to make the changes stick.

Sorry, should have explained. The HDMI/DVI/VGA is onboard....
Do you have a BIOS Setup Disc?

Are you seeing anything at all from Boot Up?
Have you tried a second monitor?

If your getting the Post Boot Screen, then keep pressing F8 the menu should come up and select low resolution / VGA Mode.

Let us know how you get on.
Dont have the bios disk but can get it from asus site.

There is no video at all, not even at post screen. I can get into the computer fine by attaching a shitty old VGA monitor. XP recognises the card and im getting HD quality gaming from the VGA monitor, just no output over hdmi or DVI. Its wrecking my head!

Thanks for the advice though, will try resetting bios.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral