Forums
Posted By: Salmon Printing - 25th Sep 2012 4:40pm
I have just (2 weeks) installed a new Dell Inspiron 620 MT
Intel® Core™ i3-2120 Processor (3.30GHz, 3MB), Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit-and very pleased with it so far.BUT I tried printing a Word doc last Friday and it could not find the printer.This despite that in hardware/devices the printer was ticked and ready.I tried everything, updated drivers, uninstalled, reinstalled etc to no avail then it just printed my doc.Yesterday I tried printing from Excel and went through the same performance to no avail.Trawling through Google it seems I am far from alone in this .The answer from Dell is that old printers are not compatible and I need a new printer.Another Google thread said to go to Notepad and print something from there and Hey Presto my Excel stuff printed.Today, same thing and only by going into Notepad can I force recognition of the printer.Lexmark R265 series,6 years old.Any suggestions please or am I forced into a corner here?
Posted By: TheDr Re: Printing - 25th Sep 2012 8:04pm
Just before I try and show a way past this (and yes it's very common, especially with 64bit operating systems), do you definitely mean the Lexmark R265 or is it the Epson R265 ?
Posted By: Salmon Re: Printing - 25th Sep 2012 8:38pm
Good spot, yes it is Epson R265, no idea why I said Lexmark.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral