Forums
Posted By: pokerchamp dropped my blackberry in the bath!! - 31st Aug 2012 6:45pm
hi does anybody know if there is anything i can do to revive my blackberry?ive just dropped it in the bath!!its not completely dead but its a white screen which is just saying "app error 606 reset"please can somebody help!!!
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: dropped my blackberry in the bath!! - 31st Aug 2012 6:49pm
First thing to do is to power it off, remove the battery, and leave it, maybe 24 hours or so, in a nice warm dry place to completely dry out. DO NOT power it back on while there could still be any moisture anywhere!
Posted By: sam15 Re: dropped my blackberry in the bath!! - 31st Aug 2012 6:53pm
Put it in a bag or tub of rice it will suck out all the moisture.
Posted By: mrhanky Re: dropped my blackberry in the bath!! - 31st Aug 2012 7:09pm
cat litter
Posted By: stumpyduck Re: dropped my blackberry in the bath!! - 31st Aug 2012 7:23pm
good call with the bag of rice .
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: dropped my blackberry in the bath!! - 31st Aug 2012 7:30pm
a bag of rice worked for mine
Posted By: TheDr Re: dropped my blackberry in the bath!! - 31st Aug 2012 9:23pm
Bag of rice
Airing cupboard (or warm, not hot place)
Make sure battery is out and battery cover is off
Leave it alone and forget about it for a few days

If there is ANY moisture visible after this don't try and turn it on, as you have seen the app error you've obviously tried, but everybody does smile

If you can, strip it, clean it, or take it to someone who can.

Most people will just chance it, but there could still be residue on the board.

The app error needs the software to be completely reloaded.

Use JL Commander, or similar to completely kill/wipe the phone, then after a restart use BlackBerry Desktop Manager to reload the software.

If you get stuck give me a shout.
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: dropped my blackberry in the bath!! - 1st Sep 2012 12:42am
thanks guy's,im totally gutted but i hope i can fix it!!!!!
Posted By: stumpyduck Re: dropped my blackberry in the bath!! - 1st Sep 2012 8:20am
be patient .as dr says , if any visible signs of moisture then dont put the battery in or you will fry trhe components
© Wirral-Wikiwirral